Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-06-2016, 08:08 AM   #1

Leveling system

I have a 2016 Montana High Country. It has the LCI electric Ground Control 3.0 6pt.leveling system on it. A few months ago, I kept getting an error message that read "Error RM". The system wanted me to manually retract the jacks, but that never cleared the error. Brought it in and dealer "reset" the system. It worked the last time we used it, but this trip same problem. I figured out that if I auto retract the jacks and hit enter at the same time, it will clear the message. However, as soon as I try to auto level again, the error pops up. Is something wrong with the system or am I missing something?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-06-2016, 08:45 AM   #2

you may be missing something have you read your owners manual?

Old 08-06-2016, 12:09 PM   #3

Yeah. I read manual after having to download it. Doesn't say much for troubleshooting. Most of the manual is a how to. Just a sentence or two dealing with the error codes. Just goes through saying retracting the jacks should clear the code. If not, components of the system are defective.
ArmyRigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 03:43 PM   #4

I called the LCI number in the manual and they helped to reset the level saying the system was confused. They were very helpful. The number is in the manual and I think someone said the have weekend hours also.
Old 08-07-2016, 08:36 PM   #5

I had the same thing happen. Took it in for warranty work, and presto! It worked for them. I've been TDY, so haven't had a chance to try it since April. Hoping when I get home in a couple weeks it will still work.
Old 08-08-2016, 07:32 AM   #6

Update....

Wife and I were talking and she reminded me that we didn't have any issues until our battery went dead after the service department turned the battery disconnect on and I didn't check it when I stored it. So I started reading and best I could tell, the jacks needed to be "homed" again after putting in the new battery. So I unplugged a jack from the harness and created an error message for that jack. While the error message was still on the panel, I extended all the jacks to about 8 inches or so including the middle. Hit auto retract and the message cleared after all the jacks retracted. Hit auto level. Viola.... Perfect auto level with no issues.
Old 08-08-2016, 01:40 PM   #7

good deal! nothing like solving your own problems

Tags
leveling