Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-07-2014, 07:53 AM   #15

Personally I believe Lifestyle is somewhat high priced for what it is. They are real close in DRV pricing and they are shy of their quality. They are nice units that will give you as good as service as any in their price range. But I may be somewhat bias seeing as we stay in our Teton. It is hard/exspensive to top.

2003 Teton Grand Freedom. 2006 Freightliner Century 120 with Detroit 14L and Ultrashift.. Full time going from job to job. Building and maintaining plants across the USA. Sold 2006 Mobile Suites 32TK3
glennwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-07-2014, 10:56 AM   #16

Problems were on the USED 2014 Lifestyle. Problems notice were 1. Outside seams spreading (more than just a caulking separation) 2. Closet had a 2x4 to support a weak clothes rod in closet. 3. Inside window seals coming out. 4. Door and drawer stops defective on half of same. On a quick inspection this was enough to deter me from looking any further. If this is what was found on a 12 month old unit, I can't imagine what older units would be like.

Old 11-07-2014, 04:09 PM   #17

Florida Cooters Club
Coastal Campers
I appreciate the update on your findings. ALL brands have their issues regardless of price.
Our 2014 Lifestyle built in Jan of 2014 has none of the issues that you've mentioned. We feel it is well built and the interior fit and finish is great.
We looked hard at DRV and under closer scrutiny felt that their detail was very lacking. For example, the way they attach everything under the slide-outs was very cheap and hap-hazard.
The Lifestyle frame is strong an built in-house and all the slide components sit atop the frame making a very solid foundation.
Our choices were DRV Lifestyle, and Excel. All with box frames. I was leery of the wood frame in the Excel and they have had water issues in their slides. I have also seen members here with punch lists a mile long on the DRV fivers.
Find what suites you best and then shop the dealers for the best price. We ordered our rig and got it for $70k. No regrets. Phillip
jdpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 01:33 PM   #18

Like I said Good Luck
Old 11-08-2014, 06:28 PM   #19

Florida Cooters Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbuttolph View Post
Like I said Good Luck
Thanks and same to you!
jdpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 01:39 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdpm View Post
I appreciate the update on your findings. ALL brands have their issues regardless of price.
Our 2014 Lifestyle built in Jan of 2014 has none of the issues that you've mentioned. We feel it is well built and the interior fit and finish is great.
We looked hard at DRV and under closer scrutiny felt that their detail was very lacking. For example, the way they attach everything under the slide-outs was very cheap and hap-hazard.
The Lifestyle frame is strong an built in-house and all the slide components sit atop the frame making a very solid foundation.
Our choices were DRV Lifestyle, and Excel. All with box frames. I was leery of the wood frame in the Excel and they have had water issues in their slides. I have also seen members here with punch lists a mile long on the DRV fivers.
Find what suites you best and then shop the dealers for the best price. We ordered our rig and got it for $70k. No regrets. Phillip
It is refreshing to read this. Too often there is soooo much bashing on the mid to lower brands out there; and not to say, they do have their problems, but the upper level 5th wheels can and do have problems also.
I have always said that regardless what you own, at some point you will have some problems, and as long as you have access to a good service department, then life is good.

danrn is offline   Reply With Quote