Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-14-2019, 11:34 AM   #15

arizona lifestyle

Did you look at the black one in Casa Grande?
bigmikeysr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-14-2019, 12:19 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmikeysr View Post
Did you look at the black one in Casa Grande?
Yep, that's the one. I'm conflicted about it...
aknavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 12:30 PM   #17

arizona lifestyle

It looks like a nice one from the pictures. You are right about added expense. Upside to the whole thing would be that you have a very nice rig for well under 100k. Compare that too a new model that is close to 100k,and the lower build quality of todays units. I think we will look for a similar model to this one when the time comes.
bigmikeysr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 04:33 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmikeysr View Post
It looks like a nice one from the pictures. You are right about added expense. Upside to the whole thing would be that you have a very nice rig for well under 100k. Compare that too a new model that is close to 100k,and the lower build quality of todays units. I think we will look for a similar model to this one when the time comes.
Was it the one listed on RV trader by private seller ? If it is, that's a good price for such a nice rig. That one looks like a Beautiful rig. I really like that Floorplan.
jlsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 07:46 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by aknavy View Post
Yep, that's the one. I'm conflicted about it...
We bought our Alfa in AZ - 2005 with the original caulk. We didn't know any better at the time. Wasn't a problem until we headed east and sat in the rain for weeks.... remember there isn't a whole lot of moisture in AZ , so probably no worse for wear.
mrgrayaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 03:57 PM   #20

Don't want to rain on anyone's parade but we bought a 2015 Lifestyle 39FB new and had nothing but trouble with it. Like I told an Evergreen (now-defunct manufacturer of Lifestyle) rep once, it was a well designed unit assembled haphazardly with quality components. A real shame. We kept it only 14 months and traded it for a DRV Mobile Suites.
Happy trails,
Old 02-15-2019, 06:14 PM   #21

Florida Cooters Club
Coastal Campers
Not raining on my parade at all.
I chose our 2014 Lifestyle over DRV and that was before the Thor buy out of DRV. I was not impressed then and I sure am not now.
Since the Thor buyout of DRV, the quality (or lack of has suffered) and customer service is poor. Many 2016 and later models have leaking slide rooms. I'm basing that on many, many posts from DRV owners on various forums as well as my own observance at the Tampa RV show the last 10 years.
Every brand has issues with some of them. But I'm glad to have the LS over the DRV unless the DRV were to be pre-2014.
Old 02-18-2019, 07:28 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgrayaz View Post
We bought our Alfa in AZ - 2005 with the original caulk. We didn't know any better at the time. Wasn't a problem until we headed east and sat in the rain for weeks.... remember there isn't a whole lot of moisture in AZ , so probably no worse for wear.
"I can't figure it out, it only leaks when it rains."