RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-07-2019, 08:38 AM   #1

Lifestyle Luxury Owners

Couple questions for you - I'm considering a 2015 CKLS.

With the 8k axle option, what cargo capacity did you end up with?

Any frame issues with the Titan frame? Particularly around the upper deck and pinbox location?

Is that double box stacked frame comparable to or better than the DRV frame? Loaded question, I know, but - DRV is willing to put a 3k hitch on the back of theirs, would that be ok on a Lifestyle?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-07-2019, 12:08 PM   #2

Hi,
We have a 2015 Lifestyle Luxury RV with the full wall slide. It is a high quality 5th ... and the frame was one of the deciding factors for us when we purchased. It's a double box frame built in house (mid 2015 models and older). The slides are above the frame.. No cutting into it. There's some good YouTube videos on the frame and construction. Ours came with a 3k receiver hitch. This is a well designed, well thought out rig made for full timing. It's a shame they went out of business. Ours is 37' with 7k axles. I believe our cc is 3100.

Along with the excellent frame and build quality we like that we have full access to fridge and bathroom with slides in and can get in the bed with slides in. I can make our king size bed without being a contortionist or putting my back out. Ours has residential fridge and fisher paykel dishwasher, 3 TVs, huge front basement and another basement in the rear. 12 gal hot water . Tons of storage throughout . Genuine Corian countertops. We like that there are zippers on the underbelly allowing us to see or get to slide motors, limit switches, wiring etc.

My favorite part though is the cabinetry. All solid wood including facias. The cabinetry is beautiful and meticulously made. All drawers are soft close.

We looked very hard at DRV and Riverstone.... But when we walked in the Lifestyle we knew it was 'The One'. It's a keeper !

Forgot to mention. Basically nothing Lippert on it. Has Bigfoot leveling.

jlsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 12:11 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsr View Post
Hi,
We have a 2015 Lifestyle Luxury RV with the full wall slide. It is a high quality 5th ... and the frame was one of the deciding factors for us when we purchased. It's a double box frame built in house (mid 2015 models and older). The slides are above the frame.. No cutting into it. There's some good YouTube videos on the frame and construction. Ours came with a 3k receiver hitch. This is a well designed, well thought out rig made for full timing. It's a shame they went out of business. Ours is 37' with 7k axles. I believe our cc is 3100.

Along with the excellent frame and build quality we like that we have full access to fridge and bathroom with slides in and can get in the bed with slides in. I can make our king size bed without being a contortionist or putting my back out. Ours has residential fridge and fisher paykel dishwasher, 3 TVs, huge front basement and another basement in the rear. 12 gal hot water . Tons of storage throughout . Genuine Corian countertops. We like that there are zippers on the underbelly allowing us to see or get to slide motors, limit switches, wiring etc.

My favorite part though is the cabinetry. All solid wood including facias. The cabinetry is beautiful and meticulously made. All drawers are soft close.

We looked very hard at DRV and Riverstone.... But when we walked in the Lifestyle we knew it was 'The One'. It's a keeper !
That's where I am too. DRV, Riverstone, or Lifestyle.
We were looking at Class A, but just can't do it.
Old 02-07-2019, 12:15 PM   #4

There's not many out there for sale. I did see one like ours at a local dealer that looks to be in good condition. Ours has full body paint also. You would never know it's 4 yrs old by looking at it.
Old 02-07-2019, 12:15 PM   #5

How can you determine if it's an in house frame on a 2015?
Old 02-07-2019, 12:18 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by aknavy View Post
How can you determine if it's an in house frame on a 2015?
I think I read that those that were manufactured prior to Oct 2015 have the Titan in house built frame. Plus you'll be able to see the double box by the steps. I can send you pics etc if needed . We absolutely Love ours
Old 02-07-2019, 01:10 PM   #7

The frame is very well engineered and used Grade A USA steel. Every bit as good as DRV's and better in most respects. Before they shut down they came up with the "Titan 2.0 Chassis". A cost cutting decision that shared the frame for both the Bay Hill and the Lifestyle. That later frame was a Lippert spec frame. No longer made in house. It did not have the full steel upper deck and was not strong enough to utilize the 4 point BigFoot. If the one you are looking at had the full slide then it has the good one.
Elkfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 01:11 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkfarmer View Post
The frame is very well engineered and used Grade A USA steel. Every bit as good as DRV's and better in most respects. Before they shut down they came up with the "Titan 2.0 Chassis". A cost cutting decision that shared the frame for both the Bay Hill and the Lifestyle. That later frame was a Lippert spec frame. No longer made in house. It did not have the full steel upper deck and was not strong enough to utilize the 4 point BigFoot. If the one you are looking at had the full slide then it has the good one.
Thank you!
Old 02-07-2019, 05:16 PM   #9

Florida Cooters Club
Coastal Campers
We ordered our 2014 LS36fw with 8k axles. Our cargo capacity sticker affixed at the time of build is just shy of 5k lbs.
You can tell pre-Lippert frames of the 2016 Lifestyles easily......simply look for the rear 3-sided "trunk". The I-beam framed built units built prior to their demise did not have the rear trunk.
There are a few for sale on Facebook Marketplace in various area of the USA.
We attended the Tamp RV Super Show last month. Based on what we say at the show, even DRV, I would not buy anything new on the market other than MAYBE a Riverstone. Everything else including DRV was so poorly executed and cheap feeling.
Good luck. If you go with a Lifestyle, you'll find a great owners forum on-line.
jdpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 08:49 PM   #10

I have to take a trip north this weekend, and found one for sale along the route. If they are available, I'll be checking it out on the way.
Old 02-09-2019, 07:07 PM   #11

Well, that one didn't work out...but I'll be going to look at one in Arizona next week. Other than normal PDI, what do I need to check on one? Any particular things to check out specific to Lifestyle?
Old 02-10-2019, 09:22 AM   #12

Sorry to hear the one you looked at didn't work out. Which year / model are you considering?

As far as PDI, we had joined Lifestyle /Carriage Owners forum right after we looked at ours and got excellent advise there on what to look for. One thing you might want to check is the gauge of wire between battery and slide motors. If 14ga slide movement performance may be poor. Wire upgrade to 8ga fixes that. I think you can join forum for free to ask questions etc. There is a wealth of information on that site about the rigs.

Our PDI was mostly cosmetic stuff that we had dealer take care of. We bought ours (used) last year . It was a bank repo . We are thrilled with it. We are so looking forward to retirement and being able to travel with our LS more.
Old 02-10-2019, 07:09 PM   #13

Lifestyle was a great choice, had ours since 2016

We have a 2015 Lifestyle and luv it! The full wall slide and box frame are excellent. Pulls great! Purchased this baby in Shelbyville, IL and yes I drove nearly 1,000 miles to get it.

The only issue we've ever had was an on demand water heater came factory installed. There was a recall that I believe screwed it up. I was really lucky and got it replaced at the factory with a Gas/Electric model the week before they went out of business.

I agree with all said, this is an excellent full time rig. Our kitchen is great with the full wall slide.

Good luck!
lsedf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 06:28 PM   #14

So, I got to look at this 2015 37CKLS today here in Arizona. It's very well built, lot's of little things that make a difference. I liked the structure. Wife gave it a 6/10 on the floorplan. Strikes against it - biggest was the fact that none of the caulking looked to have been touched for a while - it was shrunk/cracked. Nearly all of it. I didn't see any signs of water intrusion inside, but it put me off. That, combined with the fact that it had no generator, satellite TV, or upgraded suspension = lot's of money to get it up and running right off the bat. The totality of it all made me decide to keep looking. The biggest surprise I had while looking at it - a steel bedframe! First one I've seen.

If the wife had rated it higher and it had not had the caulk issues, I probably would have made an offer on it. Also looked at 3 DRV's - while they are bigger, have the MorRyde, triple axles, and have more room, the Lifestyle is definitely better built. It's a shame they aren't around any more. Will keep looking.