Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-26-2016, 03:23 PM   #1

Lippert 6 point hydraulic question

Hello, have a '14 Montana with the 6 point Lippert hyd system.

Problem: everything works on auto level. In Manual mode when you try to lower the right side jacks both the front and right side extend. (pushing the right side button, only the right orange lite comes on when in manual mode)

In manual mode, with the front and right jacks extended, putting it in the retract mode, push right and both front and right jacks will retract.

The fronts and left side work as they should in manual mode.

Example, trailer connected to truck, pull into a site/parking lot and want to raise the right side a bit for level. Both front and right jacks extend. If I want to raise the left side, push left, only left jacks go down. Same for front.

Can some one link me to a wiring diag or something. I have called Lippert Tech service, but not a good feeling talking with them.

To me it is like the right button somehow is controlling 2 ckts when it should only control one, the right jacks. The logic box??? controls all jacks properly in Auto Level mode.

Thanks Jim
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-26-2016, 04:32 PM   #2

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
It sounds like the controller is the problem, I know of a few people with them that have had to have the controller replaced because it failed to work properly. It is almost like the famous Lippert frames, It is not if it is going to fail, but when is it going to fail.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 04:36 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franka548 View Post
It sounds like the controller is the problem, I know of a few people with them that have had to have the controller replaced because it failed to work properly. It is almost like the famous Lippert frames, It is not if it is going to fail, but when is it going to fail.
Frank

The manufacturer of the fifth wheel determines the specifications for Lippert to build. Some fifth wheel manufacturers go the cheap way and other have the frame built to higher specs. I think you will find fewer frame failures in higher end units. Not always Lipperts fault when the manufacturer specs are substandard and Lippert can't determine the specs for the manufacturer of the units. Now when you talk about poor welds, I wouldn't try to defend anybody including Lippert.
Barlow46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 05:40 PM   #4
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlb27537 View Post
Hello, have a '14 Montana with the 6 point Lippert hyd system.

Problem: everything works on auto level. In Manual mode when you try to lower the right side jacks both the front and right side extend. (pushing the right side button, only the right orange lite comes on when in manual mode)

In manual mode, with the front and right jacks extended, putting it in the retract mode, push right and both front and right jacks will retract.

The fronts and left side work as they should in manual mode.

Example, trailer connected to truck, pull into a site/parking lot and want to raise the right side a bit for level. Both front and right jacks extend. If I want to raise the left side, push left, only left jacks go down. Same for front.

Can some one link me to a wiring diag or something. I have called Lippert Tech service, but not a good feeling talking with them.

To me it is like the right button somehow is controlling 2 ckts when it should only control one, the right jacks. The logic box??? controls all jacks properly in Auto Level mode.

Thanks Jim

The Lippert support site has the service manual with schematics. Also Lippert has a support application for your phone that provides most of the service manuals.

However, the control panel interfaces with the control board by a digital link. There is not individual switch circuits that could be mixed up.

Lippert customer service is usually one of the best, you must have gotten a poor example. I'd try again. Throwing parts at it will become expensive.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
TravellingRVDoctor, LLC
Old 04-29-2016, 10:02 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
I have the Lippert 6 point system on my Big Country. When the trailer is hooked up to the truck and I want to disconnect all I do is push and hold the "front or right button" and that allows both front jacks to come down and raise the trailer off of the hitch. Once I disconnect and pull away I then go back and push the "auto level" button and let the system do its thing. Once it is all through bumping and grinding the trailer is level. I have never tried to level the trailer up manually. Why would you?
TheToads is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hydraulic, lippert