Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-12-2012, 11:08 AM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
With all of the frame and leveling system issues Lippert has had, I would avoid them...big time.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-12-2012, 12:17 PM   #16
Commercial Member

hey taken, you're right. im used to working with class a's and commercial trailer units. i'd forgotten about the lippert leveling system. i know there is a major problem with flex in the lippert frame. so the six jack system would work well with that in mind. hwh also has produced six jack systems, but not only for commercial applications.
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:23 AM   #17

Thanks for all the comments BUT I was asking about an ALL electric system not hydraulic. I have talked to Reico Titan they say go with wireless remote not automatic cause the Lippert auto has problems if you are very far off level,but I really wanted a fully auto system,but also don't want problems. Anyone have experience with either of these solely Electric units. Thans again
Sokcap48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 04:52 PM   #18

My 43' Voltage toy hauler came with the Lippert 6 point system. It works nicely, but there are a couple of things you have to keep in mind. The rear jacks only have about 4" of travel, so you may have to put 4 or 5 lynx levelers under each one for them to reach the ground (my axles are flipped). The other thing is that since there is only a few inches of travel, the trailer must be pretty level to begin with...to within about 1 degree. The control panel will tell you exactly how far from level you are to within 0.10 degree. A few blocks under the low side, or like I do and dig holes in the dirt to bring the high side down, and its good to go. Then hit the auto level button and it will level itself. Once level, the mid jacks will come down to shore up and stabilize the trailer.
Dave Wilburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:28 PM   #19

I also have a voltage with the 6 leg electric system, I second having somting to put under the jacks due to the travel but mine so far has worked well and I am happy with it at this point.
asuperheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 06:05 PM   #20

Forest River Owners Club
Wow, very interesting info! I never considered travel. If a site is fairly level, it's very easy to get it level with levelers under the tires. I was more interested for very unlevel sites which seems to be where this system is less suited for. I'm passing on the add on. Oh, and I was surprised to see the OP was only after all electric. I would avoid that like the plague. If I did this, I would be after all hydraulic.
taken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 06:33 PM   #21

I have seen the Reico Titan electric system in operation and can attest that I would take it over any Lippert system. It was very fast and when using two jacks at a time, you can level just as fast as an auto level system. I believe Lippert has purchased the Reico Titan system now, so if they haven't goofed it up, I'd still recommend it. Not familiar with the HWH system, but have heard all good comments about Quadra's bigfoot system.
Wolfpackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:44 AM   #22

!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokcap48 View Post
Thanks for all the comments BUT I was asking about an ALL electric system not hydraulic. I have talked to Reico Titan they say go with wireless remote not automatic cause the Lippert auto has problems if you are very far off level,but I really wanted a fully auto system,but also don't want problems. Anyone have experience with either of these solely Electric units. Thans again
I have the Reico Titan Rieco Titan Products Ground Control Wireless RV Leveling Systems version before Lippert bought it. Mine does not have the one button auto level feature. From what I understand about Lipperts is the one button level feature does not work very well if you are two to three inches off level.

I love my system. When you get to your spot you level front to back first, unhook then level side to side. When you get the level you want, you press the one button that lifts all four at one time and raise the entire unit afew more inches, then put the rear stablizers down and put pressure on then, and you then have a rock solid unit!!!!

Archie
archbarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 08:22 AM   #23

Hey archbarb thanks! I just had the Rieco Titan system installed like your not the Lippert one. Hope I like it like you we are taking off this pm for a three day weekend so will let everyone know how it goes. Archbarb how big is your 5er and have you ever had any concerns with the clearance or lack there of with the back jacks, I only have about seven inches. Thanks again
Sokcap48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:18 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokcap48 View Post
Hey archbarb thanks! I just had the Rieco Titan system installed like your not the Lippert one. Hope I like it like you we are taking off this pm for a three day weekend so will let everyone know how it goes. Archbarb how big is your 5er and have you ever had any concerns with the clearance or lack there of with the back jacks, I only have about seven inches. Thanks again
My unit is 35' long.

When I first installed my system, the rear jacks clearance from the ground did concern me some. But I had talked to enough people who had told me that it does not cause any problems!!!!!

I've logged many miles since my install, and have never had any issues.

Just remember to level front to back first. Then when you start to level side to side operate both the front and rear jack on the side your are raising at the same time. That will keep you from putting the frame in a bind!!!!!

Archie
archbarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 01:12 PM   #25

KZ RV Club
Rieco Titan

My unit came with the four point Rieco Titan system.
Old 05-12-2012, 04:44 PM   #26

Lippert 6 point level up

I just purchased and received a Bighorn 3185 with this auto level up system. I have not used it yet but plan to next week. It was explained and shown on my walk-thru and I was impressed. When you push the auto button it works in a series of the 6 jacks working in inison. Wayne
wayne-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 04:29 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by azpete View Post
my first thought is that there are no three jack systems for fifth wheels. but then i realized you meant using a two front jack system. the hwh system uses two jacks at the time, the frame is never twisted. it levels on planes, not corners. side to side, or front to rear. this is why it works with any frame.
X2

Hi

I have years of experience with heavy loads. My family was in the building moving business.

I just spent a week working on the HWH. The week is because I had to identify the system then once HWH provided the manual for it (56 pages) free of charge then had their service people spend some time on the phone with me to help.

And this system is now 6 years old.

HWH has far superior customer service than Lippert.

3665RE
Just my opinion all $11,000.00 worth

Tags
leveling