Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-27-2006, 10:37 AM   #1

My wife and I have been living in our 1995 Four Wind XL (Class A) for the last year, and we've decided that 5th wheel is the way to go. We've looked at quite a few models, but the Keystone Challenger 34SAQ has really grabbed our attention, it seems to be semi-easy on the pocketbook and it's a great looking unit, both inside and out. Has anyone out there ever been in or around the Challeger. Thanks to anyone who responds.

Cypress Grove RV Park
Bill C is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-27-2006, 10:37 AM   #2

My wife and I have been living in our 1995 Four Wind XL (Class A) for the last year, and we've decided that 5th wheel is the way to go. We've looked at quite a few models, but the Keystone Challenger 34SAQ has really grabbed our attention, it seems to be semi-easy on the pocketbook and it's a great looking unit, both inside and out. Has anyone out there ever been in or around the Challeger. Thanks to anyone who responds.

Cypress Grove RV Park
Bill C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 02:10 PM   #3

Bill, i can't say that i have. but i have seen the inside of an excel. worth looking into.
for the money i'll go with excel.

24him
Old 09-28-2006, 04:52 AM   #4

I can't speak for the Challenger, but we bought a Mountaineer made by Keystone, and are happy with it so far. Originally we were going with the Cougar, but decided that we wouldn't be happy with the headroom in the master bedroom, as the Cougar was a low profile trailer. We plan on buying only once, so we spent enough to get what we thought we'd need now, and down the road. The Mountaineer is a full size trailer, and structurally the same as the Montana, but without all the bells and whistles and the Montana price tag. With it's aluminum construction, it's still light enough for a 3/4 ton truck. Good luck on your search.
Old 10-10-2006, 11:33 PM   #5

We have had a Keystone Montana for 2 years and have had zero problems with it. The support we get from Keystone is outstanding. Check out www.montanaowners.com. There was a rally last month at the factory.

2001 Ford F250 Diesel
RoyandNancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 05:17 AM   #6

It may have absolutely no bearing on the quality of Keystone products, but last year Keystone fired over 30% of their workforce for failing drug testing.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 06:59 AM   #7

All manufacturers have problems. There are no perfect people thus no perfect product. What has impressed us is the willingness of Keystone to back up their product. They read the owners website and listen to suggestions. They have made many repairs after the warranty has run out. I personally think there are lemons in all price ranges and that is what gets the publicity. You don't always hear the positive.

2001 Ford F250 Diesel
RoyandNancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 04:53 PM   #8
zip

Bill, maybe this website will be a better help-
http://www.keystone-camping.com/

zip.94 Terry 5'er 30.5ft.
zip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 08:24 PM   #9

Mid Atlantic Campers
Check out Crossroads RV (crossroadsrv.com). One of the fastest growing RV companies, primarily due to quality and service. We love ours!
RKamperRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 08:29 AM   #10

New Horizons is an excellent product but pricey
Excel
CrossRoads
NuWa
Sunnybrook

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bill C:
My wife and I have been living in our 1995 Four Wind XL (Class A) for the last year, and we've decided that 5th wheel is the way to go. We've looked at quite a few models, but the Keystone Challenger 34SAQ has really grabbed our attention, it seems to be semi-easy on the pocketbook and it's a great looking unit, both inside and out. Has anyone out there ever been in or around the Challeger. Thanks to anyone who responds. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
apackof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 04:14 PM   #11

Mid Atlantic Campers
Crossroads is owned by Thor Industries. Their Cruiser line is a great value. The Paradise Pointe line is more upscale. The Zinger line is their entry level.
RKamperRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 06:10 PM   #12

OK, I've never looked at the ones you're talking about ... but..

If your coming back to texas make sure that you get 2 A/C units.. the mfgs have a habit of under powering the A/C for Texas heat..

double paned windows..for your Oregon visit.. awnings for slide outs, fold out shades for the windows help..

Don't forget the truck .. just LOOK at the Chevrolet Duramax/Allison 3/4 ton ... before you buy a Ford..

We looked at some 5th wheels last weekend and one of them had a front kitchen (steping up to the front)... because Sharon likes to cook, she would love it .... MJ didn't like it much, she's happy with just a microwave...

See ya!

Big basement ... most 5th wheels are lacking

Lake Limestone
Lee and MaryJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 12:32 PM   #13

Bill,

Have you purcased your 5th wheel yet?

Larry
Old 02-09-2007, 08:18 AM   #14

Always keep in mind four seasons, even though you may not need it right now. Carriage is worth looking at, large basements, excellent insulation factors, quality appliances, had a King of the Road, but they went bankrupt in the last few days.

05 Carriage Carri-Lite 36KSQ
skooter driver is offline   Reply With Quote