Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-13-2014, 03:31 PM   #1

Looking for 5th wheel bunkhouse

went to the local RV show today. was rather disappointed there weren't many of these. we have a child and love the idea of her having her own bedroom/play area so she can sleep a little less disturbed.

jayco had a couple units there, but most other brands didn't. i've got plenty of truck to pull it, but the Mrs. is convinced if we get a big trailer it won't fit anywhere she wants to go so i'm hovering around the 30' mark. probably will end up a couple feet longer but that will be it.

prefer used as this will be our first trailer and i'm sure we'll learn a lot and want to change to something else as our family grows. any suggestions?

thank you!
ndamico is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-14-2014, 05:37 PM   #2

Puma by Palamino makes a couple right around the 30 foot mark, the bunk is just that, not a separate room, that has been my major gripe with most new trailers if I want bunk beds they get massive. We have a 22 foot with bunks and no slides, tiny but we fit just about anywhere. Our is 14 years old.

Here is a link to the puma http://www.palominorv.com/productinf...3954&RVType=FW
Kewl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 07:33 PM   #3

Love our sabre, a fifth wheel, but it's closer to 40'.... Still, we haven't been anywhere we couldn't fit, yet. Happy shopping
jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 08:22 PM   #4

We have a Crusader 335BHS by Prime Time Just under 37', but a very nice unit.
NewB2RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 09:57 AM   #5

We love our Jayco 375BHFS, but as you mentioned, there's probably a lot of places not setup to handle a 40' unit.
The thing I like most about it is not only does it have the bunkhouse, but the space seems much more usable than some of the other BH units we looked at.
Jrmay25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 02:59 PM   #6

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndamico View Post
went to the local RV show today. was rather disappointed there weren't many of these. we have a child and love the idea of her having her own bedroom/play area so she can sleep a little less disturbed.

jayco had a couple units there, but most other brands didn't. i've got plenty of truck to pull it, but the Mrs. is convinced if we get a big trailer it won't fit anywhere she wants to go so i'm hovering around the 30' mark. probably will end up a couple feet longer but that will be it.

prefer used as this will be our first trailer and i'm sure we'll learn a lot and want to change to something else as our family grows. any suggestions?

thank you!
Lots of the bunkhouse models are longer than your 30 to 32 foot range. I was just playing on the internet and this might give you some manufactures and their shorter models. I was surprised to see that there are quite a few in your length range. This may or may not be of any use, but it's worth a look.

5th Wheel Bunkhouse | eBay
mo5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 09:28 AM   #7

We love our 2003 Jayco 305bhs. It's 30' and has a separate room with bunks and a sliding door. Good storage with built in drawers, closet, shelves for tv and DVD player, and pockets as headboards to put books, toys, etc in. There is ample storage in the rest of the 5th wheel also. Good luck in finding what you are looking for!
Old 10-10-2014, 04:50 PM   #8

Mid Atlantic Campers
Our Flagstaff 8528BHWS is a nice bunkhouse with its own powder room
Rockwood makes the twin to our flagstaff
2013 F350 SB,CC Lariat Ruby Red,3.73Gears,5Star Tuned,,Line-X Bed,Extang Platinum Cover,Airlift LoadLifter 5000 Bags,Airlift Wireless Air controller,Reese Signature Series Fifth Wheel Rail Kit,B&W Fifth Wheel Hitch,2014 Flagstaff 8528BHWS
thetiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 04:06 PM   #9

I have a new Grand Design 323BHS fifth wheel. It's 37', 11,600 lbs. and just under 2K Pin weight. My 3/4 ton diesel handles it well.

It's as nice of a trailer as I'll ever want. We got the optional SuperSofa with 12' of the most comfortable seating I've ever experienced. The bunkhouse is perfect size, and the outside kitchen is also great.
Bamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 06:59 PM   #10

We're picking up our Sprinter Copper Canyon 324bhs tomorrow. We saw several bunkhouse options though in the Keystone line.
shane772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 07:13 PM   #11

We love our 2013 sierra 365saq! 2 bedrooms, 1.5 baths. Awesome for kids!
Kebe1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 09:14 PM   #12

I was looking for a bunkhouse as well and ended up buying a coachman chaparral. It's an 05 that was bought new in 07. Picking it up next week!! Some great deals out there if you find someone that doesn't want to store it this winter. L

I really liked the bathroom setup with two doors to block some sound from the main area. This also gave some options to how the bath was used and kept the shower from being in the master bedroom.

The mountaineer looked like a nice option as well.

Let us know what you end up getting.
Terrascaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 10:41 PM   #13

We have an 05 Chapparral also. I have turned our bunkroom in to a radio room it works great. I pulledit over 11000 miles in 2008 no problems.
hal
dee-hal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5th wheel