Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-07-2018, 06:48 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by C2tuck View Post
Leaning hard towards grand designs either 303rls reflection, or 379fls...
Reviews at RVT.com seem to back you up.

SkiSmuggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-07-2018, 07:40 AM   #16

You don't mention what size, but I would travel thousands of miles to own an AF or ORV. You will still have issues. They all do. Accept that as part of the adventure. The ORV and AF will have a stronger and better structure than any others in the 60K OTD price range. The bad news is you might not make your timeline due to the fact that others have found out they are the best value out there and some floor plans are hard to find on lots. If you do decide on an floor plan, both factories will help you out with finding one in dealers stock. Remember, they have wheels and are portable. Good luck!

Old 02-08-2018, 01:38 AM   #17

Iím looking for 35-40í range...something that is SRW towable.

The thing we really like about the 379 is the front living area with the two slides up there that make the living room (hangout spot) the biggest. That, along with a pretty good bit of counter space in the kitchen, residential fridge (in some) and the washer/dryer hookups as well as the larger shower. I didnít see a floor plan close to that in the AF or ORVís.

I work in the oilfield, usually 2-3 weeks at a time, then home for a week. My son is wanting to do the same thing as myself so heíll be out here with me. The plan is in a few months he will get his own RV, probably a TT, and weíll be neighbors. That way the whole family can come out here when weíre working, everyone (wife, daughter, his fiancť and baby, and my other daughter on long breaks and summers) can stay here at least part of the time.
Old 02-08-2018, 09:55 PM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
I’m looking for 35-40’ range...something that is SRW towable.

The thing we really like about the 379 is the front living area with the two slides up there that make the living room (hangout spot) the biggest. That, along with a pretty good bit of counter space in the kitchen, residential fridge (in some) and the washer/dryer hookups as well as the larger shower. I didn’t see a floor plan close to that in the AF or ORV’s.

I work in the oilfield, usually 2-3 weeks at a time, then home for a week. My son is wanting to do the same thing as myself so he’ll be out here with me. The plan is in a few months he will get his own RV, probably a TT, and we’ll be neighbors. That way the whole family can come out here when we’re working, everyone (wife, daughter, his fiancť and baby, and my other daughter on long breaks and summers) can stay here at least part of the time.
i say go for it if you like it. It sounds like you aren't going to be moving it often, and you don't need a nimble setup.

I'd be concerned about two a/c units holding back the heat in the summer, but if prewired (or not) you can always install a third.
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
'5 Fleetwood Revolution- '15 Airstream Intl Sig. 27FB
Jay, Andrea, Stella '14 Ram 3500 Aisin '18 ORV F30RLS
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 11:04 PM   #19

Iíve stayed in cheap company TT out here before and 2 usually do ok IF you tint or cover most of the windows. The dealer offers an additional 5 year warrantee for $2500 that covers anything mechanical with a $100 deductible. Not sure if they are worth buying or not as I havenít researched them yet. My main concern is the appliances and the A/Cís running non stop all summer long.
Old 02-08-2018, 11:29 PM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
I’ve stayed in cheap company TT out here before and 2 usually do ok IF you tint or cover most of the windows. The dealer offers an additional 5 year warrantee for $2500 that covers anything mechanical with a $100 deductible. Not sure if they are worth buying or not as I haven’t researched them yet. My main concern is the appliances and the A/C’s running non stop all summer long.
Do your research there, and buy your own aftermarket warranty. https://wholesalewarranties.com/

I didn't buy one on my new rig, but If I did, that would be the first company i'd go to.
Old 02-09-2018, 06:50 PM   #21

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by plasma800 View Post
Do your research there, and buy your own aftermarket warranty. https://wholesalewarranties.com/

I didn't buy one on my new rig, but If I did, that would be the first company i'd go to.
If you buy new almost everything will be covered by warranty for the 1st year. Then you can decide if you want to waste your money on an extended warranty.

I suggest taking the money you would spend on the warranty and putting it into a savings account.
2013 Chevy Spark Dinghy
jfran304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 07:05 PM   #22

I debated the same thing as I am have always been against extended warranties. With my new diesel F350, the length of the warranty period, as well as the price of the warranty as opposed to some of the possible repair expenses with the heavy towing made me think twice. I too went with wholesale warranties on my 5th after asking numerous RV service managers and friends and relatives with expensive RV's their opinions. Only time will tell, but I would probably do it all over again.
Old 02-10-2018, 01:19 AM   #23

Think we found her...

Ď17 GD 379fls-r has every option imaginable. Slide awnings, no pane windows, residential fridge, king bed, everything we wanted. MSRP was over 93k and I got then to 62k and them giving me a companion slider hitch for free.

As far as warrantee I usually donít buy them either on anything, but when I plan on living in this thing 80% of the time then the peace of mind would be worth it IMO. Still havenít decided on warrantee. Hope to get a deal sheet tomorrow and put a deposit on it and pick it up in a couple weeks...
Old 02-10-2018, 07:34 AM   #24

Fleetwood Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Think we found her...

Ď17 GD 379fls-r has every option imaginable. Slide awnings, no pane windows, residential fridge, king bed, everything we wanted. MSRP was over 93k and I got then to 62k and them giving me a companion slider hitch for free.

As far as warrantee I usually donít buy them either on anything, but when I plan on living in this thing 80% of the time then the peace of mind would be worth it IMO. Still havenít decided on warrantee. Hope to get a deal sheet tomorrow and put a deposit on it and pick it up in a couple weeks...
The GD's are gorgeous. Love all of the windows! Congrats!