Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-15-2016, 06:13 AM   #15

Thanks all, I figured it was probably just a sales gimmick for Furrion to focus on vibration resistance. We're on our first fifth wheel trip right now, so buying a second TV has to wait a couple of weeks. So far we are really happy with our Sharp Aquos UHD 43", which we still have in the bedroom. We lay it screen down on the bed while traveling so vibration doesn't affect it, anyway.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-15-2016, 06:44 AM   #16

I'm afraid you simply have a inexpensive TV in your living area. Typically, the cheaper TV's have poor inexpensive speakers that are totally inadequate for sound production. I agree with the folks above, either buy speakers, or more preferably, a sound bar, or replace the TV with a name brand such as a LG, Sony, Panasonic, Toshiba, or Samsung! All TV's today are solid state so they are all resistant to vibration and quality is actually defined by component quality and design.

Old 06-16-2016, 08:50 AM   #17

All flat screen televisions have sub-par sound. You can only get so big a speaker in such a thin cabinet. We got the Bose sound bar that was designed for the TV to sit on top of but since the TV is mounted on a swing arm, the Bose unit sits underneath the TV. Great sound, even the the AC on.

Regards,

Bob

Bob & Karen Tipton
2011 NuWa Hitchhiker 31.5 UKTG
2010 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW 6.7 CTD
Old 06-16-2016, 09:00 AM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Btipton View Post
All flat screen televisions have sub-par sound. You can only get so big a speaker in such a thin cabinet. We got the Bose sound bar that was designed for the TV to sit on top of but since the TV is mounted on a swing arm, the Bose unit sits underneath the TV. Great sound, even the the AC on.

x2

All our flat screen sets really need sound enhancement, we have Bose home theater on the big screen but all the ancillary sets really could use some help. O am adding a small soundbar to my office set, the others aren't on enough to really need it. The motorhome is getting a Bose set up as soon as we replace the television.
On the Road with 8 cats and a lovebird!
LynnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 11:44 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnD View Post
x2

All our flat screen sets really need sound enhancement, we have Bose home theater on the big screen but all the ancillary sets really could use some help. O am adding a small soundbar to my office set, the others aren't on enough to really need it. The motorhome is getting a Bose set up as soon as we replace the television.

Before we went full time, we had an Onkyo 7.1 surround sound system. Took me about 24 hours after moving into the river that the sound sucked! We don't watch a lot of TV, but do like our music. Considered a 2.1 Bose system with the separate sub, but when living in your rig, space is a premium so went with the Bose sound bar instead. Have not been disappointed.

Bob

Bob & Karen Tipton
Full-Time since September 2014
Old 06-16-2016, 11:45 PM   #20

Oops! Should have been fiver, not River - gotta love auto-correct!

Bob

Bob & Karen Tipton
Full-Time since September 2014
Old 07-24-2016, 07:29 AM   #21

We ran ours through the sound system as well. I had a Winnebago MH for a while and due to the flat panel being installed in the over head cabinet, I purchase a Vizio sound bar for less than $90 which worked very well. Just insure that the Tv has an audio out Jack first. I found that some tVs do NOT HAVE AN AUDIO OUT and if so, it may be plugged into the existing overhead system.
Old 07-25-2016, 08:33 PM   #22

We ended up putting a Sharp Aquos 43" UHD TV in the living room, and the sound is extraordinarily better than the factory-issued Furrion 39". It has multiple sound settings such as theater, normal, speech, music, etc. I have it on theater setting and have no trouble understanding voices even when the overhead a/c is on. In the bedroom we put an LG 49" UHD TV and like it very much, too. Our Chapparal 336 has an east/west king bed and a window directly across from it over the built-in dresser. The LG 49" completely covers the window, so the bedroom stays delightfully darkened. Since that window is also an emergency exit, I'm not going to permanently mount the TV onto the dresser. When we travel we just lay the TV face-down on the bed. I'm considering putting blackout tint on the window, and then putting insulation over the window to keep the trailer a little more energy efficient.

I'm still considering putting a sound bar in front of the living room TV. I can raise the TV mount an inch or so, and have plenty of room for a low-profile sound bar.

Tags
travel