Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-08-2013, 08:52 PM   #1

Question Looking for advice on a new 5th wheel?

Well first off I would like to thank anyone for their advice! I work away from home year round and I'm looking to purchase a new RV since my 01 TT has just about had it. I stay in the south mostly but right now I'm in North Dakota and one of the questions I have is, would be better to purchase one up here(North)?

I'm looking for a quad bunkhouse with 4 or 5 slides since my family travels with me most of the time. Is there a certain manufacture I should stay away from since I move around every couple of months? The TT(1 slide) I have now is a Cherokee, it's the first and only TT I have owned and after the years of heavy use and dragging it up and down the road I can't complain. But I and the family are ready for an upgrade not only in space but in quality to. We would really like one with slides for both bunks.

Thanks - Arthur

2014 Wildcat 344QB-OK
EastTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-09-2013, 06:44 AM   #2

Do to the size of your family, you might want to special order one to fit your needs, if it were me and i still had littles ones running about, i would consider this as hind sight. We have owned two 5th wheels in the past and now have our 1st Class A MH. You can go to Ind. and right at most of the factories and take a tour to see how things are built and order direct. This just MOHO here! Good Luck and Happy Trails!
04 Dolphin 6375 LX W-24 Chassis #434136
"The Journey is our Destination" Delmar, Md.
Dmorgan6375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 05:21 PM   #3

The 4 bunk design is a common layout for several manufactures. That is the good news. The bad news is you may have to weed thru some of them to get the quality you want.

Jayco would jump to the list that I would consider.

Good luck
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 07:53 PM   #4

My thoughts would be to look elsewhere than ND for a unit, due to the demand of the energy boom thereabouts.
Joe
'05 36TK3 Mobile Suites--retired but not forgotten
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 09:54 PM   #5

Thanks for the replies! I have had a class C motorbike for a few years and enjoyed it, I will look into it again. At the moment I have looked at a Sabre and Sandpiper, the wife liked the layout of the Sabre, but I don't know about the quality of those? And the prices here seem on par with the units I looked at back home(Texas).

2014 Wildcat 344QB-OK
Old 08-10-2013, 07:34 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Look at open range. Have some nice bunk house layouts
Sightseer33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 11:35 AM   #7

It's been a while, but we found a Forest River Salem Hemisphere 356QBQ. We really like the layout and extra bath, is there any known negatives about this line? Thanks again for any info!

2014 Wildcat 344QB-OK

Tags
5th wheel