Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-26-2017, 02:56 AM   #1

New Horizons Owners Club
Luxe 5th wheel?

Does anyone have a a Luxe RV?
We are considering it for full timing does anyone have comments good or bad?
I'm also considering a USA Hydraulic Motorcycle lift does any one have experience with them?
CDWatkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-26-2017, 07:23 AM   #2

Augusta will most likely be our next trailer.

There is a very short list of independent manufactures today and they seem to be more attentive to customer service and pride of workmanship.

It seems to me that the 800lb gorillas are primarily concerned with getting them out the door as fast as they can and the bottom line.
Old 03-26-2017, 09:10 PM   #3

If you're thinking of adding a MC lift on the back of a fifth wheel you need to do a lot of research as I doubt seriously there is a frame made strong enough for that much downforce that far behind the axles. I had a 40' diesel pusher and the frame nor the rear axle could handle the weight. Some of the lift manufacturers have tables that you can use to see how much the arm (distance behind axle) multiplies the weight when placed X amount behind the axles. It also transfers weight off the front.
Old 03-27-2017, 04:51 AM   #4

We toured their old factory in Bristol a couple of years ago and were very impressed with what we saw, hope it's the same in their new location and merger with the RV Factory. I would contact them with your thoughts of the lift and see if they recommend doing it or maybe have thoughts on how to improve the frame to carry it, good luck.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 10:36 PM   #5

New horizons was the only 5er that would support that mc lift.They will add 3rd axle for that even on a 35.You could check out swivel trailer or Idaho tote for a mc trailer.
42willys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 10:12 PM   #6

Texas Boomers Club
I know they sell factory-direct to the public. Do you have to take it back to the factory for warranty service?
Old 04-04-2017, 05:33 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayC View Post
I know they sell factory-direct to the public. Do you have to take it back to the factory for warranty service?
No, they have a network of repair centers across the country.
Old 04-06-2017, 12:30 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayC View Post
They will find a service center near where you live. My Weekend Warrior (RV Factory) is in for warranty work now. you can check around and if there is one near you with a good rep, let them know and they will contact service center and get them a work order.
Joe11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 06:54 AM   #9

KZ RV Club
I have looked extensively at the whole ARV line and have found that their attention to detail and fit and finish is second to none. However I have also noticed that for the price paid for any ARV 5th wheel some of their choices in materials is questionable. As everyone on this forum should know an RV is the some of it's parts and the craftsmanship of how it is put together. To me this puts them in the same category as every other semi mass produced RV and it will be suspect to the very same problems. For me if I were spending that kind of money for an RV (over $100,000.00) I would choose a manufacturer like DRV that has a known dealer network where I knew I could get service, not a phantom network. If in fact that is the route you choose to take I would spend the extra 30-40,000 dollars and have a true quality crafted coach and buy a Spacecraft or a New Horizon. Otherwise save you money or buy 2 of a mass produced 5th wheel like a Montana or a Jayco Pinnacle or KZ Durango Gold. You most likely will be just as well served. And for the person who said that the 800lb gorillas are only concerned with the bottom line you are correct but you need to wake up, they are all concerned with the bottom line at will cut corners were ever they can. Don't be fooled. JMHO.
jetzen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5th wheel