Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-07-2015, 04:50 PM   #15

I have found a good bonded blue Dow foam wall is preferred to a house type insulation on a camper. I have had DRV and now Teton. Teton is much better insulated. It is high density foam, like Blue Dow, laminated walls.

2003 Teton Grand Freedom. 2006 Freightliner Century 120 with Detroit 14L and Ultrashift.. Full time going from job to job. Building and maintaining plants across the USA. Sold 2006 Mobile Suites 32TK3
glennwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-07-2015, 06:17 PM   #16

I don't think your item #1 is any different then our 16 DRV. Sounds like Luxe is a nice unit. Are they wide body?

Pic of ours on assembly line.

Old 12-08-2015, 06:40 AM   #17

Tks a bunch for the info Fulltiming1...I hope it all works out for you and I am leaning the same way you did and will be looking as the Luxe at the Hershey show in 2016. I am in Texas and right now they do not have much in the way of service centers and hope they add more in the future. Do you know what the GVWR is as I heard the Luxe DVW is around 18,000 to 21,000lbs depending on options. Also what type of vehicle will you pull it with...tks again
Old 12-08-2015, 01:10 PM   #18

Billyf - they are constantly adding service centers around the country. You can even suggest a service center and they will reach out and contact them. As long as they are up to Augusta RV criteria they will approve them and set them up as a service center. I was a little worried about service as well but after speaking with them I like what they have in place.

Until my unit is built i won't know the GVWR, but Augusta says the weights vary depending on floorplans and models. The GVWR on a luxe can be anywhere between 19,500 - 23,000 depending on floorplan and options.
Old 12-14-2015, 09:18 PM   #19

Your story sounds just like ours! We just kept coming back to the Luxe. We will be picking ours up from the factory in January, and we are so excited to get in it! It will be our 4th fifth wheel, and we did many comparisons and our homework as well. We were standing in a Luxe that was about 50 yds or less from I-35 in Texas and the guy had the front door open. He told us to listen to the traffic. He then closed the door, and I am telling you, not a bit of outside noise! Best wishes with yours!
Old 12-15-2015, 01:15 PM   #20

Thanks tlcdlc. We feel the same way. Enjoy your new Luxe, I know we will!
Old 01-18-2016, 12:59 PM   #21

Smile Thanks

My husband and I are leaning toward Luxe but we are about a year out before purchase. I hope to read future post from you on how things are going. Thanks and hope all is good for you!!
Old 01-18-2016, 06:58 PM   #22

Luxe warrenty work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulltiming1 View Post
Thanks for the responses everyone. It helps to hear how some of you made your purchase decision between the DRV and Luxe. After speaking all last week with the Luxe and DRV people, I have come to the decision that we are going to buy a Luxe. The reps at Augusta really took the time to show us the product, answer our questions, and point out the differences of why their product is made for the Full-Timer.

I did ask many questions about the Luxe compared to the DRV and they provided me a sheet that showed the differences between the two. We are paying more for the Luxe than if we bought a standard mobile suite but Less than if we bought an Elite or fully loaded mobile suite. Although I love the DRV Elite and history of the company, we just kept coming back to the Luxe.

Ultimately the fact that Luxe is factory direct and provided one on one attention to us made the decision easy. We were able to meet the President, Owners, Warranty Manager, and the people building our coach. I am a little nervous that they are a new company, but the experience and product speak for themselves.

Thanks again everyone for the suggestions and we look forward to our new Luxe! Have a great Christmas!
So if Luxe is sold Factory direct, where do you get warranty repairs done? Do you have to drive thousands of miles to their factory or what?
Old 01-18-2016, 08:16 PM   #23

Many brands that only sell factory-direct will let you go to a local shop for work, even warranty work. The catch is that you have to get permission from the factory first. I suspect that factory-direct will be the norm for high-end coaches before very long.

Of course, many people want to take their coaches back to the factory once a year or so anyway, just to have the people who know the coach the best check it out. I know Heartland encourages this by hosting their annual owners club meeting near the factory every other year. (The other year it is held somewhere else, and usually a truck or two from the factory is there with various parts and service techs. Other brands probably do the same thing.
kb0zke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 10:07 AM   #24

Just got our Luxe!

We just returned home to Texas from Indiana with our Augusta Luxe. It is the 42RL model. I cannot tell you all how wonderful this RV is! I have never slept in an RV (this is our 4th) that we had to turn the heat DOWN while in single digit temps because we were so cozy, toasty warm! Love the soft-touch walls & ceiling! The Firefly lighting system is amazing as well (Augusta is the only company who offer this standard rather than an option). They were so accommodating & helpful, spending about 2 hours with us going over all the features inside & out when we picked it up! We had discussed our desire to have an ice maker in the refrigerator with our salesman, and this was a small oversight on his part, and it wasn't in. We brought this up, and they had it in by next morning. We also accidentally left personal items in our trade, and they are currently shipping these to us as well. As far as service centers go, they are working with Camping World to do a lot of the work, as well as individual service centers throughout the U.S.

My DH had purchased a F-350 drw in anticipation of this RV (we have looked at DRV for years, but stumbled across Augusta and chose it based on several factors). Anyway, because of the options we put on this thing, the RV weight is 23K. My DH had also added airbags. He said it pulled like a dream. The truck itself had absolutely no problem towing/pulling it. And of course, the airbags did their thing as well. All this combined with the hydraulic brakes on each axle of the RV, and the trip home was an easy ride. The RV will stop on a dime!

I would add pictures if I knew how.
Old 01-19-2016, 10:23 AM   #25

Luxe has really low CCC in some models. Trailer Life magazine did a review of the Luxe LF 38RL. Only 1220lbs CCC. That's too low for most weekend warriors. Just something to check out.
Old 01-19-2016, 07:36 PM   #26

When we were speaking with the Luxe folks, we had to have them speck out a rig (was either going to be the 40 or 42) with 9k axles. The CCC was woefully inadequate for what our fulltiming needs are. Couple that with the higher price points, and we decided to go with a DRV.
Old 01-21-2016, 12:48 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnmblair View Post
When we were speaking with the Luxe folks, we had to have them speck out a rig (was either going to be the 40 or 42) with 9k axles. The CCC was woefully inadequate for what our fulltiming needs are. Couple that with the higher price points, and we decided to go with a DRV.

Were the 9K axles still singles and not dually?
Old 01-21-2016, 03:57 PM   #28

Dually tires require a chassis relocation. Major design change. Also I do not believe it to be a good design.

2003 Teton Grand Freedom. 2006 Freightliner Century 120 with Detroit 14L and Ultrashift.. Full time going from job to job. Building and maintaining plants across the USA. Sold 2006 Mobile Suites 32TK3
glennwest is offline   Reply With Quote