Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-20-2013, 08:02 PM   #1

Main Airconditioner issue 2006 Grand Junction

I have a 39 ft 2006 Grand Junction 5th Wheel and the main air conditioner (roof mounted) which is thermostat controlled will not come on. The light indicators which used to blink red when on is dead and nothing indicates power. I have checked the main breakers and nothing is tripped. I am at a loss. Thanks for your input.
RYandris is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-21-2013, 11:34 AM   #2

Texas Boomers Club
when you checked the breaker, did you turn it off and then back on? most circuit breakers, when tripped, the tab only moves slightly and can be mistaken for set OK.
Roam America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:55 AM   #3

Gulf Streamers Club

Your thermostat is 12 v, have you checked the batteries and fuses in that system? Is the house battery switch on? Does the fridge work? (RV fridges also use 12 v to control 120 and propane) You must have 12 v power to control the Air Conditioner(s) water heater, refrigerator, CO and propane detectors, etc. Also check battery connections and ground connections.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:12 PM   #4

Will the fan turn on - if it is in fan only mode or A/C mode?
Will the furnace turn on?
Old 05-21-2013, 02:24 PM   #5

Gulf Streamers Club
No, all controls need 12 v power to operate. AirCpn fan is 120 v, but it needs signal from thermostat to operate. Furnace fan is 12 v, but it also needs signal from thermostat. Do your interior (12 v) lights work? Do you have a battery isolation switch (often near the door) to shut off batteries when in storage? That switch must be in the on position at all times unless unit is in storage and not connected to shore power.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:30 PM   #6

Thanks so much for all of the answers you all have given. In response to "will the fan turn on?" No...nothing happens. There is power to everything, all lights and appliances. No fuses have been blown and I have re-tripped the breakers just to make sure but I get nothing. water heaters and everything else controlled by 12V works just fine. I am starting to think it may be a thermostat issue as there is no life in it at all. It is remote controlled or manual. Neither works. I guess I will have to have a mobile RV repair help out. I am at my Wits end with this.

Jamvir....I am not sure if the furnace will turn on as it is all controlled by the thermostat.

Again, thanks. You guys gave me a good check off list.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:43 PM   #7

If you just arrived, at the site your in, and it has 50 amp service , check that both power legs in the post are live. Hate to pay a call out for a mobile and find out the issue is in the park wiring.
Don't know if this applies , just a thought.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:37 AM   #8

Thanks...I will do that.