Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-30-2005, 12:13 PM   #1

I have tried to release the brake and manually put the room in and can't do it. The drive system is a Power Gear, what am I missing? Room does not have a crank, so I put a wrench on the square shaft and tried to turn it. Do I need to disconect the batteries or something?

I have had to do this in order to get home once with another rig, so I would like to get this figured out, just in case.
twc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-30-2005, 12:13 PM   #2

I have tried to release the brake and manually put the room in and can't do it. The drive system is a Power Gear, what am I missing? Room does not have a crank, so I put a wrench on the square shaft and tried to turn it. Do I need to disconect the batteries or something?

I have had to do this in order to get home once with another rig, so I would like to get this figured out, just in case.
Old 01-30-2005, 03:02 PM   #3

Hi.
We have a Titanium too. Our manual says to crawl underneath the slide out. Disconnect the gear drive by the 12volt motor.(It looks like a pin that is removable) That allows the motor shaft to be turned with the appropriate sized socket without turning the motor.

Why doesn't your motor work?

Dave Holl
Old 01-30-2005, 08:19 PM   #4

I think he's trying to figure out how the manual part works before he has to do it if needed.
'05 36TK3 Mobile Suites--retired but not forgotten
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 06:24 AM   #5

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dave Holl:
Hi.
We have a Titanium too. Our manual says to crawl underneath the slide out. Disconnect the gear drive by the 12volt motor.(It looks like a pin that is removable) That allows the motor shaft to be turned with the appropriate sized socket without turning the motor.

Why doesn't your motor work?

Dave Holl <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No my slide is working fine, I just don't want to have to figure it out on the road someday.

My manual says to release the break by moving a lever on the motor to the released position. I did this and I still can't get it to move.

Removing the pin sounds like a lot of work just to manualy move the room in. Then what would hold the room in while on the road, unless the pin was put back in, but what are the chances that the holes will line up at that point. The way mine is made there is no place for a socket, the only thing I can see is to put wrench on the square shaft that runs to both gear tracks. But it won't move no matter what poition I put the lever in.

Tom
Old 02-05-2005, 04:27 PM   #6

I had to manually move my Jayco slide in a few months back. (Bad wiring behind the wall switch). My instruction book said to move the lever on the end of the motor the same as yours. I was using the ratchet that I use on my stabilizer jacks and couldn't budge it more than a 1/2" or I was afraid I was going to break something.I kept thinking I was moving the lever in the wrong direction, but finally I just made up my mind that it had to come in one way or the other because I had to get on the road. The rest of the story is that after a lot of effort it started coming it just fine. The long and short of it is that the newer units with the flush slide out floors have to be cranked "uphill" to start with and that's what makes them so hard to get started. Once they are in about 6-8 inches, they don't require much effort.
2002 Jayco Eagle 300FSS Travel Trailer, 2005 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab 4X4 w/Duramax, RDS 60 Gallon Toolbx/Tank Combo, Edge EZ, Boost Stick, Bilstein Shocks, Michelin 265 MS2, Isspro Pyrometer and Boost Gauges, ARE Topper, Honda EU3000
Roy W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 02:08 AM   #7

Roy W

Mine has a sticker on the motor so I know what way I have to move the lever. But the flush floor theoy makes a lot of sence to me. I know that the motor moens and groens when I start to put the room in, till it gets in a little like you say.

Thanks I'll give it a try once winter gets over and I can get it uncovered. I wish I was in your home town or on my lot at the Great Out Doors in Titusville once it's finished. That work thing get in my way.