Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-23-2005, 06:27 AM   #1

Hello everyone I was just wonding if anyone has seen the new Mobile Suites? We looked at one last week in Rockford IL and they are just way nice! All wood too. They are about $48,0000 starting out. This was a 31 foot. Does anyone have one who could let me know more about them? Thanks
Campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-23-2005, 06:27 AM   #2

Hello everyone I was just wonding if anyone has seen the new Mobile Suites? We looked at one last week in Rockford IL and they are just way nice! All wood too. They are about $48,0000 starting out. This was a 31 foot. Does anyone have one who could let me know more about them? Thanks
Old 01-23-2005, 07:01 AM   #3

Texas Boomers Club
Campbud,

Are you asking about the 31' 2005 Mobile Suites in particular, or the Mobile Suites product line in general? We have a 2004 36RE3 (36') Mobile Suites but didn't know if you're wanting our comments or not.

I'm assuming the $48K for the 31' is the selling price, not the MSRP. If you found one with a $48K MSRP, the extra 5' length in ours certainly was expensive - the 36' Mobile Suites (depending on options) are in the $70-$80K MSRP range.

Rusty
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 08:28 AM   #4

Texas Boomers Club
Hi Campbud -

I'm RustyJC's "other/better half" and just wanted to put in my 2 cents worth. You guys can talk about all the things of interest for men, but I can share from a woman's perspective.

From the first moment I stepped into a Mobile Suites (two years prior to our getting one) I knew it was THE ONE that I'd be willing to trade our perfectly wonderful 36 ft Jayco Designer for.

I believe the MS rigs are designed by WOMEN! I say that as I laugh, but it is the truth. There are features about the Suites that only a woman would think of! Too many to list in this post, but they are well made.

Keep in mind that all rigs are just machines on wheels and regardless of what you pay for it, they are going to have bugs to work out. We've had a few, but by in large they are minor. The two major bugs that we've dealt with have been backed 100 PERCENT by the manufacturer which is a big plus!

While the Mobile Suites are not the high end range for 5vers (Tetons, Alpha Golds, etc), they are quality made and it seems that Mobile Suites is really trying hard to put first quality equipment and design into their rigs to be in competition with those of the upper $$$.

There are so many extras added on our Suites that are perfect for full timers, but for those of us who are still working, they are luxury items that come standard with the rig.

The ONE THING I like the most about our rig is the kitchen! The drawers are HUGE, counters are so big! There are many other great features that I haven't seen in any other new rig.

I could go on and on, but suffice it to say that I love my Mobile Suites and wouldn't trade it for anything else on the market.

Sandy
National Rally Wagonmaster
Life is sweet when the TEXAS BOOMERS meet!
Madame Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 11:29 AM   #5

Thanks for the info. What problem did you have with your unit if you dont mind me asking. I think my wife liked the deep drawers also in these units. We both like the unit and very impressed with it although the weight is alot too. I would like to just keep at the 31-32 foot but what options did you or could you go with out? TIA
Old 01-25-2005, 01:01 PM   #6

Texas Boomers Club
Yep, they are nice.....

Early this month we had a RV show here in the Valley --- I walked into a MS 5th wheel that had a slide that contained the 'fridge. Now I'm just over 6' tall - going to the 'fridge for a beer, my forehead crashed into the top of the slide before I could reach the 'fridge! Maybe designed by a women (under 5' 10") --- but this area not designed with hubby in mind.

I don't think many RV's of any manufacture are designed by people that use them (RV'ers), but rather by folks that say "that looks nice" and can be built at lower cost..

There was only one trailer like this if I remember right.

don
Don in E Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 03:47 PM   #7

Texas Boomers Club
Problems:

1. A defective kitchen faucet - I picked a new one up at Home Depot, replaced it myself and was reimbursed within a week by Mobile Suites.

2. A failed slideout drive gearbox - repaired by our selling dealer (Lone Star RV). Mobile Suites insisted on replacing the entire drive assembly (i.e., motor, gearbox and controls) to prevent future problems and to get the failed assembly back for evaluation.

Don, our floor plan (the 36 RE3) doesn't have the refrigerator in a slideout, but headroom hasn't been a problem for me so far (I'm 6'0"). As a matter of fact, headroom was a selling point for me - the Mobile Suites is significantly more generous, especially in the bedroom, than our previous Jayco Designer XL 3610RLTS.

Insofar as options are concerned, since we don't boondock, we don't have a generator. We have just about everything else, other than a washer/dryer (although the closet is prepped for a stackable set). We had a Splendide in our previous 5th wheel and found that we didn't use it enough to justify it (live and learn!)

Rusty
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote