Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-04-2015, 06:47 PM   #1

Modern interior 5th wheel?

Haven't been on this site in awhile. We've been full timing for close to a year now in our class A and have come to the realization we'd like more space. The four season 5th wheels such as Landmark 365s seem like a good option.

There's one thing I really don't like about all the rvs we've ever looked at. The interior decor tends to be very traditional. We like a more modern look. Does anyone know of any manufacturers that make a more modern looking interior rv? We're not opposed to having something custom built but that tends to be so expensive. I also hate the thought of buying an new or nearly new rv and making major interior changes to it.

Any thoughts?
deefromlv is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-04-2015, 06:57 PM   #2

Toy Haulers typically have more modern interiors. But the fixed interior space is smaller than a normal fifth wheel. However, the rear space does not need to be used for hauling toys and maybe can be configured it a way that meets your needs. Just a thought.
dayle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 07:20 PM   #3

Not sure what you mean about a modern interior. To me all new 5th wheels have an updated and modern interior.

You can buy one with residential refrigerator, 46" LED TV, Surround sound, LED lighting, nice furniture, vessel sinks, nice high rise faucets with spray nozzle.

My 2011 5th wheel has some very nice features but no LED lights outside. The stacked washer/dryer is nice as well as the one piece shower.

If you could explain what you mean. 5th wheels are as modern as Class A motorhomes. They use the same interior items.
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 09:15 PM   #4

If they are still making Domani trailers--don't know if they ever made fivers--that is a 'modern' interior.
Joe
'05 36TK3 Mobile Suites--retired but not forgotten
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 09:48 PM   #5
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
They're not made anymore, they were a model of Carriage, but there's used ones out there.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 09:57 PM   #6

Sorry for the confusion. What I mean is that most RVs we have looked at no matter the type are in general decorated in a traditional/contemporary way. We prefer modern. Think airstream.
Land Yacht Trailer Decor and Interiors | Airstream

There are several 5th wheels that fit our criteria. Just none that have that very modern look. We want a 5th wheel with the layout of a Landmark 365 Newport (the essentials are more room, two bathroom sinks, and washer/dryer hook up). However 5th like the Newport have a lot of details like intricate moldings, etc that make them very traditional/contemporary looking which is not our preferred style.

I did check out the domani's, they do have 5th wheels, just nothing with the two bathroom sinks that are required if I am to stay married

We really do love the look of the airstreams, but they are cramp, do not have the layout we want. Just looking for options out there. Thanks for the suggestions, the Domani was definitely going in the right direction.
Old 04-04-2015, 10:50 PM   #7

Excel Owners Club
You can remodel the interior of any RV to match your style. It's only money....

'16 GMC Sierra 3500HD
drfife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 11:33 PM   #8

True, we could remodel. Its just after remodeling several houses, remodeling a 5th wheel or toy hauler makes me tired just thinking about it. We would prefer to just buy something already done in the style we like rather than remodel ourselves or hire someone to do it.
Although if anyone has had any good experiences with companies that either build custom units or remodel please let me know. We do have a budget to consider though.
Old 04-05-2015, 05:39 AM   #9

Airstream started building the Land Yacht just a few years ago. Before that they had a traditional look also. You see the nose bleed price of the Land Yacht? $90,000 for a cramped trailer that will eventually leak.

I guess you could try to copy the Land Yacht interior and do yet another remodel. This would allow you to buy an older NuWa or Carriage with good bones for little money.

Or maybe look at the custom 5th wheels from Spacecraft. I know they had some nifty looking interiors. A used Spacecraft might not cost much more than a new traditional 5er. You will need a big truck to tow a Spacecraft. Check out their website.

Good luck.
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 10:14 AM   #10

You might look at Augusta Luxe. Not Domani or Land Yacht, but less country / traditional.
Alan_Barb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 12:00 PM   #11

Check out New Horizons, Forks RV, Space Craft. They will build whatever you want. Only money is the limit.
2003 Teton Grand Freedom. 2006 Freightliner Century 120 with Detroit 14L and Ultrashift.2016 Smartcar carry on deck. Full time going from job to job. Building and maintaining plants across the USA. Sold 2006 Mobile Suites 32TK3
glennwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 08:43 PM   #12

Why not a floorplan with bath and 1/2 to get the 2nd lav?
'05 36TK3 Mobile Suites--retired but not forgotten
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 02:10 PM   #13

Thanks all for the suggestions. I think we are leaning towards an affordable 5r, maybe a Forest River, that we can do a few minor cosmetic renovations on. I love a lot of the toy hauler interiors but I'm fairly confident we'd never use the toy part so kinda a waste of space. Those Augusta Luxes are gorgeous! But uber expensive. After much thought we feel it's best to spend less than more and have revised our original budget to about half. Just because we could afford to spend more doesn't mean it's a good decision. Again, thanks everyone for the suggestions.
Old 04-07-2015, 03:18 PM   #14

affordable depends on how deep your pockets are. Let us know what kind of money you intend to spend.
2003 Teton Grand Freedom. 2006 Freightliner Century 120 with Detroit 14L and Ultrashift.2016 Smartcar carry on deck. Full time going from job to job. Building and maintaining plants across the USA. Sold 2006 Mobile Suites 32TK3
glennwest is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5th wheel, interior