Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-02-2011, 02:18 PM   #1

Montana High Country

I would like to chat with any Montana High Country owners. I have a 2011 343RL.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-03-2011, 10:54 AM   #2

Montana Owner's Club Discussion Forum - Montana Owner's Club Mission Statement - Powered by ForumCo.com - The Forum Company

Old 09-03-2011, 06:03 PM   #3

I have a Cougar High Country.
Old 09-04-2011, 10:08 PM   #4

Any problems with your cougar not riding level. Our montana HC leans on driver's side. trailer has 3 slides on that side. my thoughts are the springs on driver's side are not strong enough to support weight.
Old 09-05-2011, 05:50 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson47 View Post
Any problems with your cougar not riding level. .
No problem with it not riding level. We've had two small problems that were covered under warranty. We also had another issue that was related to the service department that did some other work but this was not about the trailer itself. I found that Keystone Customer Service went out of their way to help us. Here's their phone # 866 425-4369. We really like the High Country. We get lots of compliments on it.
Old 01-18-2012, 04:07 PM   #6

Jayco Owners Club
Happy to talk about our 343RL

Quote:
I would like to chat with any Montana High Country owners. I have a 2011 343RL.
We have a 2011 343RL High Country and absolutely love it. Had a couple minor issues. Keystone dealer fixed one. Dexter Axle fixed the other. I installed a vented W/D and modified the dinning table legs for easier access. We also moved the sofa to the back and put the recliners on the side. If you try this, remember you will have to tip the sofa on its back to close the office slide. Small inconvenience in our view.

Call me 540-748-0700 if you wish. I don't get on the forum too often.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:29 AM   #7

I am glad you are happy with your HC. What was wrong with the axle?
Our problem was the driver side sagged. This side has three slides and is 800 to 900 lbs heavier. I had a terrible time with Keystone but finally got approval to put extra leaf springs on trailer. This seemed to correct the lean. The sagging was serious because a tire on that side was rubbing the underside of the trailer. Wore a hole in the vapor barrier material and roughed up the thread on the tire.
No money reimbursement from Keystone. Work was done in November.

Jack Bender
775-267-0064
Old 01-20-2012, 08:18 AM   #8

Jayco Owners Club
Axle

Quote:
I am glad you are happy with your HC. What was wrong with the axle?
Our problem was the driver side sagged. This side has three slides and is 800 to 900 lbs heavier. I had a terrible time with Keystone but finally got approval to put extra leaf springs on trailer. This seemed to correct the lean. The sagging was serious because a tire on that side was rubbing the underside of the trailer. Wore a hole in the vapor barrier material and roughed up the thread on the tire.
No money reimbursement from Keystone. Work was done in November.

Jack Bender
775-267-0064
After about only 4,000 miles I noticed the right front tire was wearing excessively. I called Dexter, they sent us to a Keystone deles near our destination. Photos were taken and Dexter agreed something was amiss. Probably the axle lost its camber. While we continued our trip and camped, Dexter shipped a new axle. The day we left, we swung by the dealer, they changed out the axle and we went on our way. Total lost time - 4 hours. . Dexter was great and so was the dealer. Out of pocket cost was $0.
Old 01-20-2012, 10:28 AM   #9
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
We had a Montana 3400RL prior to this MH. The link above to the MOC will give you information on the Montana's. This forum is also a great place for information, and the MOC is Montana specific.

Happy trails.

It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote