Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-11-2014, 10:12 AM   #1

Mor-ryde suspension failure

Has anyone else had mor-ryde suspension spring failure? My 2010 Montana 3400rl failed on driver side causing a blowout and other damage. Will be stuck a week because of this for repairs. The other side is showing signs of dry rot as well. I would like to change the system to something completely different.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
TRVLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-11-2014, 03:12 PM   #2

There are several different Mor/ryde systems, which type do you have? If it is the RE, then there are other options, Trail-air and Equiflex, come to mind. If the IS type, then replacing would be a major effort. My IS system worked great on my last fiver for over 7 yrs.
dayle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 07:07 PM   #3

Florida Cooters Club
Coastal Campers
I had a 2011 Cameo with MorRyde that had a bad spring right from the start. I noticed it when I was installing a shackle wet bolt kit. The rubber shear spring was separated from the metal mounting bracket. called MorRyde and they told be they had a bad batch. While it hadn't failed at that point, it sure looked scary. MorRyde sent a new one, of course, at no charge.
MorRyde does show a chart depicting acceptable wear cracks in the rubber shear springs and they do have to replaced periodically. Like you, I'm not completely sold on the system either.
Good luck and let us know what you decide to do. Phillip

photo attached was at less then 2k miles
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2682.JPG
Views:	708
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	76357  
Old 10-13-2014, 06:05 AM   #4

Send a message via AIM to Larmolljr
MorRyde IS system to the best of my knowledge has no wet bolts to install. What system do you have? I have had the IS system since 2000 had one issue in 11 years and it was caused by Newmar installing upper frame shock mounts in the wrong position. I now have a 2015 Mobile Suites with the IS system. MorRyde online gives all the checks you need to look for with shear spring problems
Old 10-13-2014, 06:52 AM   #5

In 1989 I bought a new Pace Arrow 34' MH on a P30 chassis. It had Mor-Ryde rear suspension. Within a couple of months I had the Mor-Ryde replaced under warranty. Few months later had it again replaced under warranty. By the time I had 8,000 miles on the MH the Mor-Ryde suspension was replaced under warranty 4 times. Once it was out of warranty I called numerous spring companies that built springs for tractor trailer rigs. Nobody would touch my MH suspension because of liability. I sold a good MH because of that Mor-Ryde suspension and all the problems I had. When ever someone says Mor-Ryde anything I run the other way. However, they may have improved some since it was installed in the 89 MH.
wyorancher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 07:50 PM   #6

I put IS suspension on my rig 12 years ago. I just replaced the rubber block/plates on all four wheels. I have been extremely pleased with the ride and durability of the system. The rig has been from Florida to Alaska twice, to Newfoundland, deep into Mexico and back to the Canadian border. I have been in 42 states with this rig plus all the lower Canadian provinces on multiple trips. The difference in the ride from normal springs to IS was dramatic. And MorRyde is a great company to deal with - - they know the meaning of customer service.

Bob
Old 10-19-2014, 07:52 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiverBob View Post
I put IS suspension on my rig 12 years ago. I just replaced the rubber block/plates on all four wheels. I have been extremely pleased with the ride and durability of the system. The rig has been from Florida to Alaska twice, to Newfoundland, deep into Mexico and back to the Canadian border. I have been in 42 states with this rig plus all the lower Canadian provinces on multiple trips. The difference in the ride from normal springs to IS was dramatic. And MorRyde is a great company to deal with - - they know the meaning of customer service.

Bob
Totally agree with Mor/ryde's customer service. When I had the IS system on my last fiver, I had some tire clearance issues on the road and thought it might be the rubber suspension. Called Mor/ryde and they immediately wanted to see pics, so I sent them and received a call back within 1 hr. Only real problem was a Maxxis tire issue, but it was good to get assurance from Mor/ryde.
dayle1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
suspension