Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-02-2011, 09:40 AM   #1

Forest River Owners Club
MorRyde Independent System

Does anyone have the MorRyde Independent suspension on their fiver? Any issues, comments?
How about the Disc Brakes as well?

I'm looking at of having this installed on my rig, any postive and/or negative issues.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-02-2011, 01:17 PM   #2

Had it done to our Montana in Sept., so far so good. Also had the Disc brakes put on. Everything rides much smoother (difference can even be felt in the ride of the TV) Really stops great too. You can even stay in your rig in their shop at night. If you stay during the day, they have a nice lounge with snacks, coffee, and soda and at lunch they come in with a menu from one of the local places and you can order what you like and it gets delivered right there and MorRyde pays. It is pricey, but we've put a lot of miles on and plan to put many more so we needs to smooth out the ride and beef up the suspension to carry our increased weight. I would do it again, only next time I would try and have it done as soon as possible after getting the rig.

2011 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LT Ext Cab 4x4 Duramax/Allison, 2016 Redwood 39MB, Disc Brakes, Mor/ryde IS, GY 17.5" H tires, 5.5K Onan, Dual ACs, auto level, auto sat dish, stacked washer/dryer, residential fridge, King sleep number. Michelle & Ann
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 05:31 PM   #3

Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
KZ RV Club
Our 5er came with the MorRide suspension and a 5th airborne hitch and it pulls like a dream. I didn't really think the hitch would make that much differance but when you watch it while you are moving you can see it bouncing up and down and it never transfer the shock to the truck. As far as the disc breaks go--I missed the boat with them and regret not having them. I hate adjusting band breaks.
Old 12-02-2011, 05:45 PM   #4

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortlance View Post
I hate adjusting band breaks.
I didn't realize they used band brakes on RV's, most have drum brakes or disk's
Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 08:15 PM   #5

We had the IS installed about 2 years ago on a 40 Grand Junction. We opted to install the 3 1/8 brake drums instead of the discs. The suspension is GREAT and the brakes are orders of magnitude better than the 2" that came on the unit. We have about 12,000 miles on the suspension and are very happy we spent the $$$.
Old 12-03-2011, 08:04 AM   #6

Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
KZ RV Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
I didn't realize they used band brakes on RV's, most have drum brakes or disk's
MY bad. They are drum breaks but I have to adjust them
Old 12-03-2011, 08:17 PM   #7

Mor-Rrde IS

Had IS installed in Sept in Elkhart great experience. 5er rides totally diff. now smoother and less chucking? also installed 5th airborne air ride and am happy with it. Just wish I would have done it earlier.
Old 12-03-2011, 09:11 PM   #8

Moryde was installed on triple axle 5er at factory when built in 97. Drum brakes only offered (12 X 4 shoe). So can't say how the ride would have been with standard suspension. Added a Trail Air hitch after about a year and that made a world of difference on the ride in the TV (Ford CC 350 dually). Price of retro fit disc brakes at this stage is not worth it. Have towed RV aprrx 85K. Biggest problem with Moryde is scuffing of tires in tight turn either direction
Old 12-06-2011, 11:32 AM   #9

Forest River Owners Club
Thanks for all responses. Have apppointment set up with MorRyde for IS system and disc brakes to be installed.
Old 12-07-2011, 06:31 PM   #10

Make sure u have a length of Coax Cable, the TV Cable is near the wall, so you need an extension to reach your rig. Don't think OTA sig would be very good inside the metal building.
2011 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LT Ext Cab 4x4 Duramax/Allison, 2016 Redwood 39MB, Disc Brakes, Mor/ryde IS, GY 17.5" H tires, 5.5K Onan, Dual ACs, auto level, auto sat dish, stacked washer/dryer, residential fridge, King sleep number. Michelle & Ann
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 09:19 PM   #11

After 5.5 years I just replaced the rubber springs that MorRyde says lasts between 5 to 9 years. $950 for 4 with shipping to Taos, NM. $950 more at Lazy Days in Tucson to do the other 3. I did the first one in the CG in Taos. $1900.00 each 5 to 9 years is a little steep. The ride is great. No broken anything in my rear kitchen and I do not pad anything like dishes.
ralper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 04:02 PM   #12

Have it on my Montana Big Sky and it is Grreeeattt! Smooth riding and smooth pulling. Pull with a 11 Ford F350 4x4. About 15 MPG. You'll love it, had Airborne on previous RV not near as smooth.
Old 12-08-2011, 10:42 PM   #13

MTCreeker--
Mind sharing what the cost estimate they quoted?
Joe
'09 F450--died, replaced with '10--retired
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:28 PM   #14

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut60
MTCreeker--
Mind sharing what the cost estimate they quoted?
Joe
$5000.00 with IS system and disc brakes installed, sorry so long responding been out of contact