Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-25-2005, 08:35 AM   #1
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Just out browsing at a dealer lot this past weekend & I noticed all of the higher-end Thor 5r's with Moryde suspension & hitch pin cushions on them. I wonder if that'll filter to other mfr's?
L-

Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV EX-L AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-25-2005, 08:35 AM   #2
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Just out browsing at a dealer lot this past weekend & I noticed all of the higher-end Thor 5r's with Moryde suspension & hitch pin cushions on them. I wonder if that'll filter to other mfr's?
L-

How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
Old 10-25-2005, 08:53 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Ours came with the MorRyde equalizers. I'm looking at adding the MorRyde pin - they weren't widely used when ours was built.

Rusty
2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA #6972
Come join us on a TEXAS BOOMERS rally!
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 04:32 PM   #4

I had MORryde IS (independent suspension) installed on my rig at the factory. The difference in stuff moving around in the fiver and the ride in the truck was quite amazing. It has no springs under it at all nor a conventional axle, rather an arm cushioned in rubber. It was well worth the cost. It was interesting to be able to try out the difference it made on the same rig. I am seeing more manufacturers making it available. It is quite an experience to sit at the factory and watch the activity for a few days. The truck and trailer frames really fly in and out of there all hours of the day and night.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:41 PM   #5

Mine came with both.
Fulltimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 10:32 AM   #6
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Before Dave installed the back up camera on the back of the 5-r, we strapped it to the inside steps to the bedroom facing the rear of the unit. Then he hung a bungee cord from one of the cabinet handles & we took off down the road. It really amazed me the bouncing & swaying that thing did in there. No wonder units are either coming with those installed or you have the system put on. I'm sure it makes a world of difference. For sure, our next one (am I talking NEXT already ) will have Moryde suspension & pin on it.
L-
Old 10-28-2005, 01:21 AM   #7

I seen a Carrige 36' I think a big unit.With the rubber ride..It was almost dragging the ground and I talked to the owner He has a lift kit comming I would think there is a smoking gun.Just MY thoughts is why send it out dragging the tail so low? The rear hitch draggs a lot now that is low.John
Old 10-28-2005, 02:48 AM   #8

I had MorRyde installed on my Laredo. The difference in the ride, and the condition of the inside of the trailer after a trip has to be seen to be believed. Now things do not move inside. before, even chairs tipped over (on relatively decent roads). We also observed the install at the factory, they measured the trailer clearance prior to unhooking and then to keep it as it was installed a channel above the new axles. I would not want to own a trailer without it.
Old 10-28-2005, 01:18 PM   #9

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bushman512003:
I talked to the owner He has a lift kit comming John </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
John,
The MORryde IS suspension has three positions available for raising or lowering the coach. Mine is in the middle. Each position will move it up or down a little over an inch in the middle meaning more than an inch at the rear.
Old 10-28-2005, 02:07 PM   #10

Hi Bob Sorry I did not get the Man's name He was a sharp fellow I think He would know about the 3 1" adjustments.I never seen a trailer so low on the end it was the reason He had the hitch instaled.And that's all I know John
Old 10-28-2005, 04:10 PM   #11

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bushman512003:
I never seen a trailer so low on the end it was the reason He had the hitch instaled.And that's all I know John </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
John,
Am I reading you wrong? Are you saying he had the MORryde pinbox installed or MORryde suspension? My suspension actually raised my trailer by 1" over the normal axles - - I had to raise my hitch to make up the difference. Is he driving a 4x4?
Bob
Old 10-29-2005, 03:10 AM   #12

Bushman,
You only stated "rubber ride", there are a lot of suspensions and pin boxes out there. Having the MorRyde and watching the installation process I find it hard to believe that the trailer you speak of had morryde.
Old 10-29-2005, 04:52 AM   #13

Hi Guy's Yes it had the Moryde under it But not a pin box.Because that's how We got talking He was asking about the Air Ride on Mine.His trailer was on a 4x4 1ton s.wheele Dodge.I also think it was sitting on the truck at the hight that it should be.The trailer hitch on the 5er rear was a small receiver type and He said was instaled to keep the tail from getting damage it has the molded rear cap and no external bumper but built in to the cap.Running down the road I see no big deal but on drive way grades as the park We were at the tail was scrapping on the hitch and also the difference in mine and His was alot but His was almost 6'longer than My 5er Our trucks are almost the same hight as We had them back to back.Well that's all I know I never got the name of the Gent and He said a lift kit was on the way for it from where I did not ask.I do feel a lift will fix it.Also the truck hight does not help a lot in this case 1" over 36'is a lot.Got to go.John
Old 10-29-2005, 07:49 AM   #14

I am buying Sunnybrook 30RKFS and Sunnybrok comes equiptd with the more-ryde systom. I am getting a rear kitchen so the more-ryde mankes a difference I am also getting the more-ryde pin box for my rig
Tom Grogan