Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-08-2016, 12:12 AM   #1

Motorcycle carrier

I saw a 5er with a platform on the back that was about 4 feet long and the width of the bumper, and at the back it had a wheel on each side obviously to take up more weight. It appeared to be hinged where it attached to the 5er. Technically this wouldn't be classed as a 2nd unit and would be legal in states and provinces where 2 tow units are not allowed. We have a Harley Ultra Classic that weighs 880 lb and I would love to find out where you get a lift like the one we saw. Would beat pulling 2 trailers and having to avoid certain places! If you have ever seen such a thing I would love to know where to get one!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-08-2016, 02:32 AM   #2

They are called 'Swivelwheel' by Fast Master Products Inc.

Come in Single or Dual swivel wheels and various platform sizes

The ultimate single wheel trailer system.

Old 01-08-2016, 07:21 AM   #3

another company that makes them is Idaho tote just look them up online
Old 01-08-2016, 11:15 PM   #4

Wow thanks guys!! Very much appreciated
Old 01-09-2016, 12:03 AM   #5

I bought the wheel assy only from Fastmaster. I had a lot of specific things I wanted and it was easier for me to build it myself. It is considered a part of the 5r and not an additional trailer. I put the wheel forward under the platform to carry more of the weight. In reverse it does tilt to the back quite a bit but it is workable.
Old 01-09-2016, 06:57 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbeek View Post
I bought the wheel assy only from Fastmaster. I had a lot of specific things I wanted and it was easier for me to build it myself. It is considered a part of the 5r and not an additional trailer. I put the wheel forward under the platform to carry more of the weight. In reverse it does tilt to the back quite a bit but it is workable.
We love pictures. I especially like to look on the creativity of folks who make individualized solutions to their challenges.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 10:56 AM   #7

Agreed. I would love to see pictures
Old 01-10-2016, 11:53 AM   #8

I have a Swivelwheel 58DW. Use it to haul my 1993 Goldwing SE. I also installed a Rampage lift. I was using 12ft folding Black Widow ramps. The ramps are very nice, but my legs are short and wings are tall and it was still a puckering job to get the bike on the platform. Rampage takes the pucker factor out.

I can recommend the trailer. Look for them on craigslist. Be sure to use D rated tires. Also, be sure your trailer is up to the task. I recommend a minimum of 12 inch I beam.

Finally, I live in Michigan and have a Michigan "Recreational Double" endorsement. Thus I am legal in states that allow double towing with some sort of endorsement (like California). However, some states forbid double towing (basically east of Ohio). I have not heard of a single person that has something like these platforms have any problems. In fact, those that have used them, have said they have had no problems. HOWEVER, that doesn't mean some LEO with nothing to do, will not pull you over and cause you problems. Something to consider. We have used ours locally and out west.

wingedone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 02:04 PM   #9

Has the extra swing been an issue when in tight spots? How long is your camper? Looks like a nice set up.
Old 01-10-2016, 03:31 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugersdad View Post
Has the extra swing been an issue when in tight spots? How long is your camper? Looks like a nice set up.
Thank you.

It was an issue when I went down the wrong street in a very tight private park. Had to make a 90 degree left and then a 90 degree right with vehicles and a old wood fence in the way. We got lucky in being able to move one vehicle, and the fence had to be pushed over a bit to get through. Considering how tight it was, it went better than I thought it would. Probably would have been smarter to just take more time and back down the road to the entrance.

Never had any other problems. Just make sure to think ahead and don't put yourself in a bad place. I don't have problems just on regular roads and streets.

In one case at Big Sky resort in Montana, went down the wrong street. Was able to back up, and around a corner, turn and go without a problem. The swivel really shined then.

The 5th is almost 40' long.
wingedone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 01:50 PM   #11

[QUOTE=oldbeek;2893778]I bought the wheel assy only from Fastmaster. I had a lot of specific things I wanted and it was easier for me to build it myself. It is considered a part of the 5r and not an additional trailer. I put the wheel forward under the platform to carry more of the weight. In reverse it does tilt to the back quite a bit but it is workable.[/QU
Old 01-21-2016, 01:54 PM   #12

[QUOTE=oldbeek;2908885]
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbeek View Post
I bought the wheel assy only from Fastmaster. I had a lot of specific things I wanted and it was easier for me to build it myself. It is considered a part of the 5r and not an additional trailer. I put the wheel forward under the platform to carry more of the weight. In reverse it does tilt to the back quite a bit but it is workable.[/QU
see pic