Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-14-2012, 10:02 PM   #1

Mystery Switches in a 2008 Big Country

Our 08 Big Country 3250ts has 3 Switches on the wall when you enter the bed room. The top switch turns on the overhead light. The 2 switches, they are side by side, are located below the single switch. We have no ideas what these two switches control. Anyone have any ideas??

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-14-2012, 11:22 PM   #2

Our Class A has three switches on the BR wall. One controls the overhead BR lights. One controls the rear Porch light on the left outside of the unit, and one controls the Bead lights (night lights) at the floor level of BR and next the the commode door to aid in night-time visits without turning on all the overhead lights. Hope this helps and good luck with your unit.

Old 09-15-2012, 07:44 AM   #3

Texas Boomers Club
One of the switches controls the overhead lights. The other two are likely for the radio speakers. I don't have a Big Country but if you post this question on the Heartland Owners forum, where there are many BC owners, someone could tell you for sure.
Old 09-15-2012, 08:21 AM   #4

Thank you for the info, i really appreciate it. I will check out that BC owners forum. Have a great weekend!!!!
Old 09-16-2012, 11:02 PM   #5

I have the same kinda two switch setup in my 5th wheel bedroom wall I jut bought used. They seem to operate nothing. There's remains of an identifying sticker just above the switch but is no longer there. I'm "guessing" maybe its for water tank heaters. It does have the insulation kit which is good for cold but covers every thing too so you cant just look under there.
Old 09-17-2012, 03:35 PM   #6

Texas Boomers Club
Steveatpa, don't know what kind of trailer you have but if its a Heartland, the switches are likely for the speakers.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:03 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayC View Post
Steveatpa, don't know what kind of trailer you have but if its a Heartland, the switches are likely for the speakers.
I just figured that out. Thank you.
I have to say that if there's anything I can openly complain about on RV's and trailers would be the complete randomness of switches and devices. Its like the assembly line workers are all on drugs and blindfolded and whatever wall they happen to hold the switches up against is where its mounted.....and most of the time, crooked. If cars were built like that then every time you jumped in a new car you'd have to search around to see where the ignition key goes. Just silly. If there's anything that makes something nice its familiarity. I think the auto industry tried to get away from complete randomness a long time ago.