Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-25-2018, 05:48 AM   #15

Have you looked at the River Stone or the Legacy, we were looking at the Cedar Creek Champagne but liked the Legacy a lot more, we have had ours going on 2 years now with only a couple of very minor issues. Good luck on your search.
RIVERSTONE Fifth Wheels / Toy Haulers by Forest River RV

Riverstone Legacy Fifth Wheels by Forest River RV
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-25-2018, 05:52 AM   #16

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dblr View Post
Have you looked at the River Stone or the Legacy, we were looking at the Cedar Creek Champagne but liked the Legacy a lot more, we have had ours going on 2 years now with only a couple of very minor issues. Good luck on your search.
RIVERSTONE Fifth Wheels / Toy Haulers by Forest River RV

Riverstone Legacy Fifth Wheels by Forest River RV
All too long for what I want.
RoadEyePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 06:15 AM   #17

Grand Design Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by manwithnorv View Post
Beacon makes a 34RLB which is listed as 34' 11".
So they do. They must have added this one to the lineup in the last month. We special ordered a different manufacturers recently so I kinda quit looking. If you look Beacons are Vilano floor plan clones with better finish and body paint. They started with the longer units and are adding plans as supply builds up. The factory rep told me at the Austin show this one was coming , but didn't know when. It is the 320GK floor plan.
cfowler55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 06:31 AM   #18

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfowler55 View Post
So they do. They must have added this one to the lineup in the last month. We special ordered a different manufacturers recently so I kinda quit looking. If you look Beacons are Vilano floor plan clones with better finish and body paint. They started with the longer units and are adding plans as supply builds up. The factory rep told me at the Austin show this one was coming , but didn't know when. It is the 320GK floor plan.
Yes, I think the Beacon & Vilano floorplans are the same, with Beacon having more features standard, like full body paint, tile floors, better finish, etc. Rep I spoke with yesterday says Vanleigh will be rolling out a third line (Vilano, Beacon, and XXX) at the Hershey PA RV Show this fall. Seriously doubt they are going up on the price point beyond Beacon, so I'm expecting maybe more entry level. He didn't reveal or give away any hints. Who knows, will have to wait and see.
Old 04-25-2018, 12:23 PM   #19

Quote:
All too long for what I want.
Here is one at around 38' which is probably the max you were looking at

Riverstone Legacy 34SLE Fifth Wheels by Forest River RV
Old 04-25-2018, 01:06 PM   #20

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dblr View Post
Here is one at around 38' which is probably the max you were looking at

Riverstone Legacy 34SLE Fifth Wheels by Forest River RV
Looks nice. I wouldn't rule it out as yet, but I really don't even want 38'.
Old 04-25-2018, 05:24 PM   #21

Quote:
Looks nice. I wouldn't rule it out as yet, but I really don't even want 38'.
Ok just trying to show you options, I own a River Stone Legacy so can answer any questions. They should have River Stones at the Hershey show this year as they finally were able to get a dealer to carry them in Pa and plans are for them to be there, I will know more this summer when I am out at the factory.
Old 04-29-2018, 07:11 AM   #22

Just curious if DRV "Mobile Suites" made it to you list and if not why.
HDrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 05:17 PM   #23

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDrider View Post
Just curious if DRV "Mobile Suites" made it to you list and if not why.
I did have them on my list but for some reason they dropped off. I'll have to go back and see if there was a reason or if I just forgot about them. Thanks for reminding me...this is what I hoped this question would do. Possibly price point was too high?
Old 04-29-2018, 06:14 PM   #24

Riverstone has one shorter model, the 34SLE. Overall length I believe is 37'.
Drv has a shorter model 36RSSB3 but it is heavy and is almost 38'. Really nice but too expensive for us.
jlsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 09:44 PM   #25

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsr View Post
Riverstone has one shorter model, the 34SLE. Overall length I believe is 37'.
Drv has a shorter model 36RSSB3 but it is heavy and is almost 38'. Really nice but too expensive for us.
Yes, I was just looking at that one. Seems to be in the price range as the Beacon, but doesn't include Full Body Paint as standard, makes it even more expensive....but I'll keep looking. Kind of hard to get price range from the web information.
Old 04-30-2018, 08:43 AM   #26

We were looking at all the same brands as you. We have decided on Vanleigh and will be placing an order in a couple of months. We are opting for a longer unit but the construction across the board, in my opinion, is top notch. Since you are looking at the beacon you will get full paint, rear cap, and awesome cabinets plus more. For us the price is already at the top of our budget and the Beacon is out of the question and are going with the Vilano 375FL. Good luck in your searches.
jimbonnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 09:22 AM   #27

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbonnet View Post
We were looking at all the same brands as you. We have decided on Vanleigh and will be placing an order in a couple of months. We are opting for a longer unit but the construction across the board, in my opinion, is top notch. Since you are looking at the beacon you will get full paint, rear cap, and awesome cabinets plus more. For us the price is already at the top of our budget and the Beacon is out of the question and are going with the Vilano 375FL. Good luck in your searches.
My neighbor just got a Vilano 369 FB but has only stayed in it once before they took off for the summer. They stay gone til late September. Anyway, keep us posted once you get it. I'm sure you will enjoy it.
Old 05-01-2018, 07:10 AM   #28

Take a look at the KZ Durango line, specifically the Durango Gold 353 and 355 at about 36'. I also like the Durango 2500 315 and 318, under 35'. Both lines are rated for full time and the owners say the quality is much better than other brands.
They were not on my radar for a long time in my research for our next fiver, but a few posts on the quality got me to look at them and Durango is now at the top of my list.
SkiSmuggs is offline   Reply With Quote