Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-03-2012, 02:13 PM   #15

We just finished installing the TST 507 system last week. I had installed the sensors a couple months ago but couldn't reinstall the wheel simulators because they interfered with the sensors. Last week I had new tires put on the rear and new valve stems in all 6. The sensors can now be installed and removed in a couple minutes without having to stand on my head or repeat words that shouldn't be used in mixed company.
It's a great system and I especially like the fact that the batteries can be changed by the user, and you can monitor the motorhome without the towed vehicle. As for the seals in the sensors they can be changed easily when replacing the batteries. When you buy a unit they send along a spare seal for each sensor you order.

I researched at least a dozen systems before settling on this one. It wasn't the cheapest but I believe it's the best for our purposes.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-03-2012, 02:50 PM   #16

Thor Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Yup, TST. Great product, great service!
IMDSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 03:06 PM   #17

We have the TST 507 system. I'm very happy with it. But I can't change the batteries. My husband can but I cannot. Also the rubber gasket is pretty much gone when you open them up. We used teflon tape to reseal them when we changed the batteries and Dan at TST sent us new gaskets. They do have GREAT customer service. I only asked for the specs. so we could buy them and he sent us a whole bunch. But I'm not looking forward to taking the sensors off, opening them up and putting the new gaskets on. It is a chore. Here are my most recent blog comments on the system.
1994 Brave 29RQ RV: TST TPMS 507
micd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 03:07 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
I have the Hawkshead tire pressure system on my RV and Tow vehicle, 10 wheels. Have used here in Canada in cold winter, salt on roads. I also travel to Texas, Arizona, Florida, heat or wet seems to be no problem. I carry extra batteries, after 3 years still never used the batteries. All in All a great system.
Rebel
rebelone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 03:43 PM   #19

Thor Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Georgie Boy Owners Club
I am now down to the Nitty Gritty on deciding which TPMS System to get. I do have a few more questions and some checking to do. Does anyone have the sensor specs on the TST sytem. It appears that TST does not post a manual or a spec sheet on their website like the other TPMS manufacture's do. I wonder why? All of the other Manufacturer's spec sheets show the sensor Freq as 422.92Mhz and transmission power as 10DBm. I found a Site that advertises a 6 sensor system for $289 and the monitor, sensors, bracket, anti theft wrench, power cord, mounting bracket, ECT all look the same. The sensors take replaceable batteries use the same TST wrench to install and are only $35 each. TST charges $50 each in sets of 2. These sensors also come with extra Gaskets for when replacing the batteries. If anyone could send me a PM or Email with a spec sheet or manual on the TST 507 system I would appreciate it. I wonder if TST gets their units from the same china supplier as the other companies and is ripping us off with a higher price? They might not be or their product might have features the others don't. The one unit that I am now leaning towards, appears to have all of the same features like the TST system. Remember Hawks Head, Tire Minder and Tire Traker are Identical and made by the same company in China. Just different names. Guess I will check Ali Babba and see if I can get more info on TST.
Mel
Old 06-03-2012, 04:11 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhbell View Post
I am now down to the Nitty Gritty on deciding which TPMS System to get. I do have a few more questions and some checking to do. Does anyone have the sensor specs on the TST sytem. It appears that TST does not post a manual or a spec sheet on their website like the other TPMS manufacture's do. I wonder why? All of the other Manufacturer's spec sheets show the sensor Freq as 422.92Mhz and transmission power as 10DBm. I found a Site that advertises a 6 sensor system for $289 and the monitor, sensors, bracket, anti theft wrench, power cord, mounting bracket, ECT all look the same. The sensors take replaceable batteries use the same TST wrench to install and are only $35 each. TST charges $50 each in sets of 2. These sensors also come with extra Gaskets for when replacing the batteries. If anyone could send me a PM or Email with a spec sheet or manual on the TST 507 system I would appreciate it. I wonder if TST gets their units from the same china supplier as the other companies and is ripping us off with a higher price? They might not be or their product might have features the others don't. The one unit that I am now leaning towards, appears to have all of the same features like the TST system. Remember Hawks Head, Tire Minder and Tire Traker are Identical and made by the same company in China. Just different names. Guess I will check Ali Babba and see if I can get more info on TST.
Mel
Here's a link to a site that has the manuals for the TST 507 and the 510 systems:
Product Manuals/Brochure

Page 10 of the TST 507RV owners manual has the specs on the sensors and monitor.
Old 06-03-2012, 08:24 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhbell View Post
I wonder if TST gets their units from the same china supplier as the other companies and is ripping us off with a higher price?
Mel

Given the outstanding customer service and support provided by Dan and Abby form TST to us here through this forum and/or over the phone, I am more than happy to pay their asking price.

To me its service after the sale that really counts. I only wish every company had their level of dedicated customer support. If I have to pay a bit more for their style of customer support so be it.

I am on my 2nd TST system. Decided to move to the flow through sensors for convenience.

Don't see how you can say ripping "us" off since you haven't purchased anything from them.

Seems a shame to malign a company you haven't done business with.

They may be up-charging or marking the price up but we knowingly purchased the product at the stated price, that's fair. They sent us the product they said they would, had they shown us one thing and sent something different then you might be able to say ripping us off.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 08:26 PM   #22
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdennislee

Given the outstanding customer service and support provided by Dan and Abby form TST to us here through this forum and/or over the phone, I am more than happy to pay their asking price.

To me its service after the sale that really counts. I only wish every company had their level of dedicated customer support. If I have to pay a bit more for their style of customer support so be it.

I am on my 2nd TST system. Decided to move to the flow through sensors for convenience.

Don't see how you can say ripping "us" off since you haven't purchased anything from them.

They may be up-charging or marking the price up but we knowingly purchased the product at the stated price, that's fair. They sent us the product they said they would, had they shown us one thing and sent something different then you might be able to say ripping us off.
Well said.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 08:46 PM   #23

I agree TST !!!! Is tops in my book... Can't say enouph good about them or the prouducts they sell. AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!!
first5thwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 12:30 PM   #24

Thor Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Georgie Boy Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikerdogs View Post
Here's a link to a site that has the manuals for the TST 507 and the 510 systems:
Product Manuals/Brochure

Page 10 of the TST 507RV owners manual has the specs on the sensors and monitor.
Thank You Very Much Hikerdogs. It contained the information that I needed including confirming my suspicions. The sensors are Identical dimensions output Anti theft collar and the wrench to install them. Probably from the same china distributor. at $35 each instead of the $50 each that TST charges.
Old 06-04-2012, 12:43 PM   #25

Thor Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Georgie Boy Owners Club
Quote:

They may be up-charging or marking the price up but we knowingly
I think that you misinterpreted what I said. I said
Quote:
I wonder if TST gets their units from the same china supplier as the other companies and is ripping us off with a higher price? They might not be or their product might have features the others don't.
I have not maligned any company or anyone. Now after checking as far as I am concerned the sensors that they charge $50 for are the same as the ones that I found from another vendor for $35. The other unit Has all of the same features and is $60 less expensive including shipping, than the unit from TsT. $60 is $60 and the way the economy is I will take the unit for $60 less. The company that I am buying from has a good rep and is a RV wholesale distributor. BTW it also has a 3 year warranty. I am sure that the monitor is a little different, but the sensors are the same.
Old 06-04-2012, 03:57 PM   #26

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
mhbell,

Let us know how your experience is with your distributor a year or so down the road.

I bought a 10 sensor 507 with monitor from one of their distributors for 500 with a 2 year warranty. So I guess I got the monitor for free.

I bought the system because of the great customer service, not because of price. I know when I call with a problem they will solve it for me.

Good luck with your system.

Oh let us know if you need a repeater. I don't think many 507 users need it.
TST 507 w/ 10 Sensors
greystroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 05:03 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrray View Post
Have same system. I take transmitters off when rig is stored for a month or more. Extends batt life since activaed by air pressure. Great system
Ray
I was under the impression they are not activated unless the monitor is turned on. If the monitor is turned off the sensors de-activate automatically was what I understood. Is that incorrect?
Old Coot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 05:10 PM   #28

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnnc View Post
I was under the impression they are not activated unless the monitor is turned on. If the monitor is turned off the sensors de-activate automatically was what I understood. Is that incorrect?
Sensors are activated when under air pressure. They'll transmit even if the signal is not being received by anything.