Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-22-2016, 09:15 AM   #1

Need some Evergreen 379FL Info on Grey Tanks

My wife and I have a 2015 Evergreen 379FL and on our Control Panel we have (2) Grey Tanks listed and both have operation buttons. We went to a State Park with no sewer and figured with 70 gals of fresh water and 80 gals of Grey tank we would be good. We filled the first grey tank and could not figure how to get water too drain into 2nd tank.
I have (2) valve handles in where water hook up is at (1-black & 1-grey) and there is another valve handle under the RV but I don't know what it is for or how I can have water drain into Grey Tank #2?

Any suggestions would be great - Thank You!
jacksback72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-22-2016, 09:41 AM   #2

Sounds like you have 1 gray water and 1 galley tank. The handle under the RV will probably empty the galley tank.
brewurown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 11:27 AM   #3

Usually the two gray tanks will not allow you to drain into both of them to allow you to have 80 gallons of gray water. One tank is usually for the galley 40 gallons and the other is for the shower and bathroom sink 40 gallons. Guess which one will fill up the fastest?

What you need to do is carry a portable RV waste tote. This will allow you to empty the waste tanks and than you pull the tote behind your vehicle to the RV waste dump at the campground. This way you can empty the tanks without moving the RV, but it does take time to dump this way. They come on all sizes and prices to fit your budget.
Old 08-22-2016, 01:36 PM   #4

OK - so i understand that I probably have a 40 gallon gray tank & a 40 gallon galley tank?

Also, the shower and bathroom sink are probably attached to (1) tank and the kitchen sink to the other tank?

Evergreen went out of business before I could ask these questions

Thanks
Old 08-22-2016, 02:24 PM   #5

Mid Atlantic Campers
How many sewer hose connections do you have? If only one, you can do this:
1. Keep your black tank valve closed!
2. Buy a bayonet connector knife valve (dump valve) and put it on your sewer hose connection. Make sure it is closed also.
3. Open both grey valves - this will allow water to combine across both tanks.
4. Before you dump, close the grey valves, then open your black valve, then open the bayonet valve.

I do this all the time when dry camping. It works!
RKamperRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 06:58 PM   #6

RKamperRV, me and the wife have settled on a used 07 grand junction 5ver. This particular model comes with a third, yes I said third, grey water tank and I'm very curious to know if your method would work on this third tank? Does it just even all tanks out or would this tank not fill if it's higher than than the others? I am asking because it's a dedicated tank for the washer but I would have no washer.
Airmech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 09:08 AM   #7

So last night I hooked up the hose and closed both grey tanks. I turned on the bathroom sink for 3 minutes and then opened each valve and tank #1 drained. I closed valve and turned on kitchen sink for 3 minutes and then opened valves and grey #1 drained again. so once tracing my steps I found that the kitchen sink, dishwasher, shower & bathroom sink are on grey tank #1 & the washer hookup is on grey #2 which stinks because I can fill grey #1 pretty fast when we camp with no sewer.

So anyone that has a 379FL - I would assume that's how yours i hooked up, we don't have a washer & dryer so Tank #2 is pretty much useless - thats a shame!
Old 08-23-2016, 09:24 AM   #8

I'm pretty sure it doesn't work like that. I suggest you join the Carriage / Lifestyle user forum and ask over there. http://www.carriage-lifestyle-owners.com
FaithBowls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 11:33 AM   #9

Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airmech View Post
RKamperRV, me and the wife have settled on a used 07 grand junction 5ver. This particular model comes with a third, yes I said third, grey water tank and I'm very curious to know if your method would work on this third tank? Does it just even all tanks out or would this tank not fill if it's higher than than the others? I am asking because it's a dedicated tank for the washer but I would have no washer.
As long as you only have one sewer connection, the method I described should work, as long as all 3 tanks are located in the basement/underbelly.
Old 08-23-2016, 11:36 AM   #10

Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksback72 View Post
So last night I hooked up the hose and closed both grey tanks. I turned on the bathroom sink for 3 minutes and then opened each valve and tank #1 drained. I closed valve and turned on kitchen sink for 3 minutes and then opened valves and grey #1 drained again. so once tracing my steps I found that the kitchen sink, dishwasher, shower & bathroom sink are on grey tank #1 & the washer hookup is on grey #2 which stinks because I can fill grey #1 pretty fast when we camp with no sewer.

So anyone that has a 379FL - I would assume that's how yours i hooked up, we don't have a washer & dryer so Tank #2 is pretty much useless - thats a shame!
If you use the method I described you can make use of both tanks. Water always seeks its own level. To test it, put your sewer cap on and open both grey valves. Let water run for awhile because the pipes will need to fill first. Then close both grey valves and take the cap off. Water will come out because the pipes are full. Then open one grey valve at a time and let the tank drain. Then open the second tank. Water should come out. You may need to run 20 gal. of water to get a true test.
Old 08-24-2016, 09:39 AM   #11

RKamperRV, I get it - by opening the valve on both tanks the water will back fill into each tankard then when I'm ready to drain close valves and then open pipe and only the water trapped will be in there

Makes sense to use the other tank - Thanks

Tags
evergreen, grey tank, tank