Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-11-2015, 09:18 PM   #29

x2 on the Curt 24K with the RAM mount. Clear indication of open and locked settings.

camr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-22-2015, 10:46 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiSmuggs View Post
Check for compatibility with the Revolution before purchase. The Reese hitch will always work with that. Reese can let you know about compatibility though.
OH! With the Revolution, you don't need a slider! I have an F150 with the 5'7" bed, a Reese Sidewinder with Reese 16K hitch and can make 90 degree turns without issue.
I called Reese and the tech said you do not need a slider with a Reese Revolution.
I'm thinking the Reese combo may be best for my setup and tv. He suggested the Reese Pro 16k with the custom base rails and I should be good to go.
Thanks everyone for your help and suggestions it is much appreciated.

Old 01-22-2015, 03:54 PM   #31

We have a Super 5th, by Pullright. 20.5 - Pretty much top of the line for 5th Wheel Hitches and worth the price. I can pull 4 pins and with one other person, take it out of my pickup bed if I need to.
Old 01-22-2015, 07:39 PM   #32

Better keep eyes on the side bolts. Mine broke out. Had to replace everyone. Got rid of it.
2003 Teton Grand Freedom. 2006 Freightliner Century 120 with Detroit 14L and Ultrashift.. Full time going from job to job. Building and maintaining plants across the USA. Sold 2006 Mobile Suites 32TK3
glennwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 10:20 AM   #33
hdb

Angry Super Slide hitch 18000 lb

I have been getting I think it's called chucking, when I go over a bridge there seems to be a bit of a dip there. The 5ther chucks ahead then back several times. It is very anoying. Stopped at Camping World and had them check it out. The tech noticed that the hitch has nylon pads on the top and bottom of the slide had to much play in them. He called the manufacturer and they were going to get back to him which is 5 days ago. Has anyone else had the same thing, I'm interested. Towing Bay Hill 295 approx 2500 lb hitch weight Dodge 2500 limited with airbags.
thanks
Old 01-24-2015, 10:28 AM   #34

I was at the RV show and checked all the hitches on display and pointed out to the reps that all their hitches are to loose for my liking. I am staying with my 23 years old one. 4 way hithes and even more with slides there is way to much play.
Old 01-24-2015, 11:20 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by caissiel View Post
I was at the RV show and checked all the hitches on display and pointed out to the reps that all their hitches are to loose for my liking. I am staying with my 23 years old one. 4 way hithes and even more with slides there is way to much play.
I am guessing there was not a B&W on display???
Old 01-24-2015, 03:24 PM   #36

Hi all. I have another question. Since my F250 does not have the 5th wheel prep included I assume there will be some drilling required. Should I leave the drop in bed liner in or do we take it out to avoid moisture building up from rain between the liner and the bed of the truck. Can it be sealed with caulking? Is it an issue or am I worrying needlessly? Do I sell it and get a spray in done after the hitch is installed? What have you guys done?
Old 01-24-2015, 08:54 PM   #37

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clicker1944 View Post
Hi all. I have another question. Since my F250 does not have the 5th wheel prep included I assume there will be some drilling required. Should I leave the drop in bed liner in or do we take it out to avoid moisture building up from rain between the liner and the bed of the truck. Can it be sealed with caulking? Is it an issue or am I worrying needlessly? Do I sell it and get a spray in done after the hitch is installed? What have you guys done?
If it were me I would...

#1 Take out the drop it bed liner
#2 Get the spray in liner (before the hitch installation)
#3 Install the hitch of your choice
mo5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 10:20 PM   #38

I use my truck for everyday work all summer and never needed a bed liner. Besides a bed liner wears out the paint. I bought 2 trucks with bed liner and removed them. One the paint was already worn and I reinstalled it when I sold the truck and the other I gave it away. For me its a waste.
Old 01-25-2015, 03:43 PM   #39

In my shop as a service in those cases we install the spray in liner and install the fifth wheel hitch . Most other truck services do the same. This is no sales pitch by the way.
Old 01-26-2015, 08:12 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbrown View Post
In my shop as a service in those cases we install the spray in liner and install the fifth wheel hitch . Most other truck services do the same. This is no sales pitch by the way.
That sounds like a great service jonbrown. My installation didn't go quite that smoothly. I ask the truck dealer to send the dually out for a spray-in liner. The dealer delivered the truck to the Line-X installing dealer, and while getting prepared to spray in the liner, they broke several rollers off of my Peragon tonneau cover while removing and reinstalling the cover. The Line-X dealer sent the truck back to the Dodge dealer partially assembled; and I might add that the "partial installed" pieces was improperly done. No one wanted to be accountable for the damage so I ended up repairing the rollers and reinstalling the cover myself. After the liner was sprayed in, then the Dodge dealer installed the PullRite slider. My preference is to have a spray-in liner in the truck. The bed liner is tough regardless of what I haul in it; on occasion I have welding bottles and wood pallets sliding on the bed deck. I am able to remove everything from the bed with pins to haul freight, and it is reinstalled simply with pins. The size of the slider (24K PullRite superslider) does require a little muscle to lift, but it's size is needed due to our RV weight. Our case, it was necessary to spray in the liner and then install the hitch.

gebills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 10:27 AM   #41

I had a BedRug when I needed to install a fiver hitch. I unzipped and removed the floor for the installation, then marked and cut the rug floor to let the rails through it and zipped in back in.
You can even zip it back in and cut along the edges of the rails without measuring.
The BedRug pads my old knees when I am in the bed.

SkiSmuggs is offline   Reply With Quote