Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-09-2001, 03:59 AM   #1
hym

I understand there is a company in Texas that restores RV's. I want to have a new carpet installed in our 5th wheel.The slide would have to be removed.

Y2k F250psd 30' Damon
Challenger 5er

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-09-2001, 03:59 AM   #2
hym

I understand there is a company in Texas that restores RV's. I want to have a new carpet installed in our 5th wheel.The slide would have to be removed.

Y2k F250psd 30' Damon
Challenger 5er

Old 06-09-2001, 05:11 AM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I think a solution would be to spread newspaper around and when it gets soiled just chuck it. Now if you want color use the Sunday comic strips. Just think if you want to see what is on TV just look down. Or when your wife hollers at you put your head down like your sorry, but in fact you are reading the sports section.

2000 dodge quad 5.9L 1995 Wilderness TT 26'

Retired Navy Mustang 06
2003 Winnebago 35U W22
Toyota Rav 4 Toad
Brake Buddy

Sugar & Spice our Shih-Tzus
Captain Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2001, 06:59 AM   #4

We had new carpeting installed in our Class A (no slide) by a regular carpet company. Went to the store and picked out what we wanted and they installed it. We took all the "stuff" out (i.e., sofa, dinette, pilot/co-pilot chairs, toilet) and re-installed everything ourselves. It was a great learning experience. All kidding aside, we learned lots about RV interiors.
Sallys Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2001, 03:57 PM   #5

Same subject; different question! I want to replace the carpet in the bedroom area of my 24' Nomad TT (aluminum skin). I can't find any screws that hold the nightstands in place. Are these screwed in through the walls studs from the outside or something? How can I get the nightstands out to remove the old carpet and install the new? I really don't want to start pulling the aluminum back or anything!

Thanks,

Jim
Old 06-10-2001, 06:44 AM   #6

More than likely the nightstands just sit on the carpet and are screwed into the walls. Open up doors or take out all the drawers and look in the corners. Checked our new TT and the nightstands are handled that way as well as being attached to the bed frame.
Old 06-10-2001, 11:52 AM   #7
hym

Capt Bud, Hey man thanks for the advice on the floor covering. We did notice your trailer floor covered with some NewJersey newspaper.I guess when you own 2 SHITS zoo's you have to waste real good news paper.Just one more thing, I had to use your rest room and the muliti colored paper( the ones that apples are wraped in ) hurt on the old rectonally. Thanks so much, See ya on the beach. George

Y2k F250psd 30' Damon
Challenger 5er
Old 06-10-2001, 05:03 PM   #8
hym

Cybervet Golf cart in.......... WHERE...... Never mind the dog Bewhere of the owner. I have a partner..... Mr Smith & Western.

Y2k F250psd 30' Damon
Challenger 5er
Old 06-11-2001, 06:40 AM   #9

Seems I got on the wrong thread. Thought this would be a more-or-less serious discussion about refurbishing an RV.
Old 06-11-2001, 07:55 AM   #10

You might have. But it so much fun to read this guys. We all need a good laugh once and while.

Anne

2006 Chevy HD Crew Cab
BrownSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2001, 02:50 PM   #11
hym

Sally's mom, That Topic is excactly what I really wanted to know.The installion of some new carpet. Some how it sorta got turned around. George T.

Y2k F250psd 30' Damon
Challenger 5er
Old 06-11-2001, 02:53 PM   #12
hym

Sally's mom, That Topic is excactly what I really wanted to know.The installion of some new carpet. Some how it sorta got turned around. SORRY George T.

Y2k F250psd 30' Damon
Challenger 5er
Old 06-12-2001, 12:42 AM   #13

George T.: It's kinda hard to believe that someone way off in New York State is interested in a Texas company that replaces carpet in RVs! However, I do know of one Texas RV dealer that some of our relatives really like. Over many years' time, my husband's aunt and uncle have bought 3 different fifth wheels from a dealer located a few hundred miles from their hometown which, to me, is an indication of their dealer loyalty. On their most recent fifth wheel, the carpet began to look tired, so they decided to have the dealer's shop take out the slide and replace the old carpet with new. Looks really sharp; dealer did a fine job; the couple is happy as clams.

I never know whether to just blab the dealer information in full, or tell people that I'll gladly respond to a personal email request if someone is interested and wants to know more.

I'll try the latter approach this time. This Texas dealer has a web site. If interested, please contact me, and I'll pass the info on to you.

1999 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins Turbo Diesel
Towing 30 ft. Carri Lite 5th wheel.

Towing 30 ft. Carri Lite 5th wheel.
Llana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2001, 02:53 AM   #14
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I never know whether to just blab the dealer information in full, or tell people that I'll gladly respond to a personal email request if someone is interested and wants to know more.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If there's a better mouse trap, we want to hear about it.

01 Adventurer 37G W20 V8100 T1000
01 Cavalier LS, Blue Ox Aladdin.
Dale - 88 - Jarrett
Ricky - 28 - Rudd
-== R Y R ==-
......... 3.........

RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote