Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-16-2016, 09:25 AM   #1

New owner leveling question.

we take possession of our new 5th wheel next week. It has the Lippert 6 point auto level feature. The area where I plan to store my rig has a cement pad with about a 5+ degree slope. Am I going to run into issues with the levelers? Do all 6 legs work independently? If they are independent then could I store with just the front pads down. I'm sure the dealer will run me thru all of this but would like to know ahead of time so I can have different place to store it lined up if need be.

gnirwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-16-2016, 09:44 AM   #2

The 2 front jacks are independent from the rear 4. the 2 back jacks on each side work together. you can lift the front or either back side. Make sure to chock your wheels if just using the fronts while parked on a slope. Also when you unhook and hit auto level you pull your truck away from the trailer as the front end drops down to start the process

Old 09-17-2016, 09:23 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane wood View Post
The 2 front jacks are independent from the rear 4. the 2 back jacks on each side work together. you can lift the front or either back side. Make sure to chock your wheels if just using the fronts while parked on a slope. Also when you unhook and hit auto level you pull your truck away from the trailer as the front end drops down to start the process
Exactly.
Old 09-18-2016, 12:03 AM   #4

If the cylinders extend all the way out before hitting the ground then wood blocks under the cylinders will make up the difference.

jtbuilds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 07:52 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtbuilds View Post
If the cylinders extend all the way out before hitting the ground then wood blocks under the cylinders will make up the difference.
This is probably going to be the case. I had auto levelers on my MH but it didn't have slides. Just concerned with getting level enough for slides.
gnirwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 09:19 AM   #6

Cribs are easy to make. Cut 16"-18"pcs of 2x4. Lay 3 pcs flat then 3 more nailed across .... repeat.

For something lighter the top and bottom 2 layers can be 3 pcs all the others can be 2pcs

Make sure to shim the bottom ( top needs to be level) to prevent the cylinder from sliding off.

jtbuilds is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling