Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 05-16-2016, 07:07 PM   #15
Sailun S637's and don't look back. Terrific tires!

2014 Dodge Crew-cab 4x4 long-bed 3500, Aisin, 3.73, CTD Dually.
2015 Jayco Eagle 339 FLQS
Widows Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-16-2016, 07:31 PM   #16

Originally Posted by Simpete View Post
I just upgraded from a LR E to a G in a Hercules that was highly recommended locally it really looks beefy. All steel radial doesn't bag like most radials especially the crap that comes on new 5ver and rides very smooth.
Hope they last long time.
I have been very fortunate over last 10 years, never had one blow but have had one about to if not for a Good Samaritan who flagged me down to tell me it was about to blow.
Nothing like having piece of mind with good tires.
Happy Trails!
Okay, I gotta ask, HOW DID HE KNOW?

Scot & Laura Kellersberger
2001 Newmar 4 wheel drive Dutch Star 3891, 2005 GMC Canyon. Demco Tow Bar & Baseplate U.S.Army (ret)
1985 - 2006
Hit_the_Rhod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 06:41 AM   #17
He said the tire looked like it was wobbling but on the inside, and sure enough it was separating on the inside wall.
So glad he noticed and took the time to flag me down.
When it was taken off the rim it looked like it had a huge balloon on the inside of the tire. It was the famous tow max (blow max) I new they were junk when I bought the rig and had planned on replacing soon. Had only 1500 miles on them. Always maintained before and after each trip.
Just goes to show you that new doesn't mean good no matter what the dealer may tell you! And I think they don't install the correct load range tire at the factory when you consider that the majority of the weight is on one side.
Need to get individual weights to see for sure. I was fortunate enough to have 110 psi rims so I didn't have to upgrade the rims.

Simpete is offline   Reply With Quote