Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 11-16-2013, 09:06 PM   #15
Thor Owners Club
As previously mentioned, foamboard or panel insulation cut to size around the base of your unit is what I have seen used up N for FT'ers. I think they also make a window insulation clear. Like used in S/B.

We recently purchased Dyson Hot/Cold fan for our RV. Has a remote, set temperature, motorized swivel option, variable fan speed, very nice but also pricey.... $400

06 King of the Road 37RLQS
06 Coachman Cross Country 5.9L 300HP 382 DS
03 Jeep Wrangler, 4.0L James, Trina, SMSgt, USAF Ret
Kro1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-17-2013, 12:51 AM   #16
Winnebago Owners Club
One of the best pieces of advice is doing something to protect the underbelly. Foam boards is good, we had a fifth that had a snap on skirt-the main thing is to try to keep the wind out from under the trailer. If you have an Onan genset, you can get a sophisticated digital controller EC-15W. It is slick, if you loose line power it will automatically start generator. If you don't have shore power-you can program it to start genset if it gets too hot or too cold in your RV.

2002 Monaco Diplomat 36PBD, Avalanche toad, Glastron MX175 , X5 BMW, Almost enough toys, 3 dogs. 1 longtime wife(48 yrs)
POPPASMURF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 07:02 PM   #17
Well been in minnesota for about a week now. It is terrbly and unusually cold for this time of year the locals tell me. -6 right now outside 68 degrees in here and maintaining on dual furnaces alone. Been through one 40lb bottle in 5 days which I don't think Is bad at all. I have the insulated curtains up. Dehumidifier at 45%. No frost or condensation On windows. Only draftis right by the entry door but its not bad. The kountry aire is doing really well. Got hot water and everyrhing. Just an update.
dynacopas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 07:34 PM   #18
Wow - a minus 6 degrees. Thanks for keeping us posted.

Hang in there.
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 09:23 PM   #19

My 1st MN winter was in a Holiday Rambler. I am in Bemidji and had some -25 days. I did skirt with foam and tied into a 500lb tank but just used the furnace.. I was young and single Enjoy the adventure.
simply40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 03:57 PM   #20
Holy moly! Neg 6 deg. Wow. We are in East Texas and everyone thinks 32 is horribly cold. Stay warm!!! Brrr

Mossy cat is offline   Reply With Quote

cold weather, newmar