Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-11-2006, 05:38 AM   #1

After doing about 300 miles with a near full black tank I pulled into a park and hooked up to flush my black tank. When I turned on the hose to my No Fuss Flush it made the normal sounds for a few seconds then stopped. After that, nothing I did could make the water go thru the system into the tank.

Before I pull the bottom board to replace the flusher on the tank (which I assume is plugged inside now from waste running into it) I was wondering if anyine has an easier fix or solution? Or a phone number to the mfr?

All ideas and experiences welcome.

Thanx,
Joe

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-11-2006, 05:38 AM   #2

After doing about 300 miles with a near full black tank I pulled into a park and hooked up to flush my black tank. When I turned on the hose to my No Fuss Flush it made the normal sounds for a few seconds then stopped. After that, nothing I did could make the water go thru the system into the tank.

Before I pull the bottom board to replace the flusher on the tank (which I assume is plugged inside now from waste running into it) I was wondering if anyine has an easier fix or solution? Or a phone number to the mfr?

All ideas and experiences welcome.

Thanx,
Joe

Old 07-11-2006, 08:24 AM   #3

You might check to see if there is a screen where the water hose screws onto the inlet for the flush system. Ours has a screen where the hose screws on.
Old 07-11-2006, 08:25 AM   #4

On my last trailer with the No Fuss Flush, the very same thing happened to me. Turned out to be the inlet hose connection located on the outside of the trailer. A plastic check valve inside broke off the shaft and when water was applied, only a little bit would go through, the broken valve would then slide over the back hole, and stop anymore water from entering. To see if this is problem, pry out the small filter screen on outside, and look inside. Wiggle the plastic shaft and see what happens. You should be able to tell it broken or not. Simple to fix, just buy the connection, it is the same connection as fresh water hose hookup, and replace. Reseal with caulking and you should be good to go.

Don
Old 07-11-2006, 11:22 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
There is a check valve on the inside to keep waste water from escaping out of that connection. Sometimes you will see water drain out when you disconnect the hose. That is water that was between the hose and that check valve.

2017 Solitude by Grand Design
2012 Ford F-450 Lariat
K-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 05:55 PM   #6

GOT IT UNPLUGGED -----

This morning I put the pressure to it again. No luck. It made the original rattling noise at the vacuum breaker/backlow preventer as before, then it stopped and plugged up. I decided to hit it with some quick high pressure, so loosened the hose so it could drain then hooked it back up. This time I turned on the unrestricted park pressure quickly to full force (100 psi +/-) It broke loose and started rattling and flowing like it used to. I lowered the pressure and it continued working. I was back in business and feeling very lucky that I didn't have to get into the black tank to fix this problem. In the future I think I will dump and flush as soon as my black tank hits 1/3+ full.

Thank you all for you input. Maybe this post will help someone else in the future.

Happy camping,
Joe