Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-02-2006, 09:00 PM   #1
JMT

My neighbor and I both own Komfort trailers with furnace fans that are so noisy that they blow us out of bed. I was over steelheading (fishing for you eastcoast boys) the other day and it was colder than.... well it was very cold. The heater went off about every 30 minutes and woke me up. Anyone else with this problem or is it just Komfort that puts in furnaces that keep you awake all night?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-02-2006, 09:00 PM   #2
JMT

My neighbor and I both own Komfort trailers with furnace fans that are so noisy that they blow us out of bed. I was over steelheading (fishing for you eastcoast boys) the other day and it was colder than.... well it was very cold. The heater went off about every 30 minutes and woke me up. Anyone else with this problem or is it just Komfort that puts in furnaces that keep you awake all night?

Old 04-03-2006, 04:49 AM   #3

Send a message via Yahoo to Rick A
All the trailers I have ever owned or been in, the fan for the furnace is loud. Don't know why they cant make a quiter fan, but I have just gotten used to it.
Old 04-03-2006, 04:51 AM   #4

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
ours to all three trailers have been noisy. it must be with all the extra air needed for teh sail switches and safeties, i just drown it out or ignore it, practice tuning it out lik eyou do when teh wife is sometimes talking to you
going to get it for that one
powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 06:27 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
It is the nature of the beast. You are moving a lot of air with a small high speed blower and it is mounted in a tight space. All of these add up to a noisey installation. We do not notice ours much as it is on the opposite end of the trailer from our bed.

One thing you should try is a "white noise generator". We use a small HEPA filter from Home Depot in the sleeping area on medium speed. It creats just enough background noise to drown out the other little noises that occur in the night or from the neighbors.

Ken
Old 04-03-2006, 06:28 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
the blower (squirrel cage type fan) is a bit noisy, but I wouldn't consider it obnoxiously loud that keeps me awake.

My current trailer had an issue where the blower fan was out of adjustment and was rubbing the bottom of the housing. Talk about noisy. My neighbor thanked me when I turned the heater off. Dealer made an adjustment and it is nice a quiet.

2017 Solitude by Grand Design
2012 Ford F-450 Lariat
K-Star is offline   Reply With Quote