Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-24-2016, 07:18 PM   #1

Non scientific poll reguarding Grand Design Momentum 376

Conducting a non scientific poll here reguarding the Grand Design Momentum 376 floor plan (IE: front living, rear bedroom with toy hauler UNDER the bedroom).

How many of you have looked at the GD Momentum 376?

How many of you did not buy the unit because the garage was only 9'6" deep?

How many of you would buy the unit if the garage had been 12'6" deep?

How many of you have toys other than a motorcycle that require a garage that is deeper than 9' 6" (IE: kayaks, jet skis, flat bottom fishing "jon" boats etc...)?
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-25-2016, 05:13 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
I did not look at it purely because it is a front living room design and my DW thinks that makes her (or whoever is cooking) left out of the action. As to the 9'6" garage, I personally would find it quite adequate for my use.
Old 08-26-2016, 06:32 AM   #3

Wobster,

Thanks for your reply. Your wife is totally different from mine. My wife doesn't like folks in the kitchen when she is cooking but she very much likes the idea of a living room like we have at home.

As for the garage, I will assume you don't have Kayaks, a jet ski or small fishing boat all of which are slightly longer than the 9 6 garage on the current 376. All I am suggesting is that they put a hatch on the end wall of the current garage that would allow people the CHOICE to slide the nose of a kayak into the pass thru storage sort of thing. That would open up the unit to a much larger group of people.
Old 08-26-2016, 09:08 AM   #4

Garage is too short. No access to the bathroom or living room when the slides are in. Stairs into both the living room and bedroom. We use the kitchen a lot along with the living area. It would get old running up and down the stairs all the time. Deal breakers for me.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 10:13 PM   #5

Innovative design, room for a trike, kayaks could go on roof rack on tow vehicle. Personally don't care for any furniture I've seen in front living 5ers , who needs two sofas, kitchen looks adequate and like washer/drier in the kitchen area.
'17' F350 6.7 CC King Ranch DRW 4x4 4:10s B&W 20 K Companion Hitch
'04' NuWa 33.5 RLTG DA Demco GlideRide pin box
Stickdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 06:42 AM   #6

I'm sort of with you on the furniture but then that applies to just about EVERY 5th wheel not just the front living room versions.

While you are correct that kayaks COULD go on a roof rack it sure would be nice to have the stored away while you don't need them! And that still doesn't help with Jet skis or small fishing boats. Oh and to top it off we have measured and if they had the extra length of the pass thru you could carry BOTH a jet ski and a scooter crossways in front of it! Now your taking two toys. Granted the scooter isn't as cool as your trike or my cruiser but at least it is two wheels....
Old 08-28-2016, 07:36 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlakejim View Post
Wobster,

Thanks for your reply. Your wife is totally different from mine. My wife doesn't like folks in the kitchen when she is cooking but she very much likes the idea of a living room like we have at home.
Maybe I'm wrong but I think what Wobster is saying is not that people should be in the kitchen but I know when I'm cooking or doing dishes I like to still be part of or at least listen to what's going on in the LR and be able to see/hear the TV. Also, the FLR floor plans I've looked at seem to be made for a larger family and with just the 2 of us it seems like a waste. As for the size of the garage you'll have to figure that for your own particular toy collection. Kayaks or Jet skis might be a problem.
Squantobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 03:34 PM   #8

I get that the cook wants to be part of the conversation but to take care of that I usually sit at the kitchen table if necessary. But the fact is that the GD 376 floorplan doesn't have a wall between the kitchen and the living room The TV and people in the living room are within earshot of the kitchen (after all it is a 5th wheel camper not a 3000sf house)....

I also get the not liking stairs but at 57 I am a VERY long way from being concerned about that. If I get to the point where I need wheelchair accessible (lets hope that doesn't happen) then the toys are proably out anyway and more than likely so is the RV! At that point, just fly in and stay at a resort....

Again (and this is getting rather old to rehash again) my idea is to maximize the appeal of the GD 376 to as large a group of potential owners as possible. The more variety of toys the unit is capable of hauling the more people it will appeal to! That's not a difficult concept is it?

The GD 376 would be able to accommodate a jet ski (10'), kayaks (10'), small jon boats 10-12' (aluminum flat bottom boat for you Yankees) and several other toys if they simply added a HATCH on the wall between the current garage (9'6") and rear pass thru storage (it adds about 3' of length to the garage). That would give owners the OPTION to use an extended garage or the pass thru as they CHOOSE! Problem solved, everybody happy! What is not to like about that idea??????
Old 08-29-2016, 09:54 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Wobster,

As for the garage, I will assume you don't have Kayaks, a jet ski or small fishing boat all of which are slightly longer than the 9 6 garage on the current 376. All I am suggesting is that they put a hatch on the end wall of the current garage that would allow people the CHOICE to slide the nose of a kayak into the pass thru storage sort of thing. That would open up the unit to a much larger group of people.
Correct, I no longer own kayaks, (they were 11 and 13 ft) and my motorized toys are way to big for any of these toy hauler garages (Classic British Cars, preferably from the 30's) so I am not in the same situation as you. I am an amateur astronomer with telescopes up to 8' in size so this would work for me. My bicycles would fit too. We carried our kayaks on the roof of our TV with a roof rack called a hullavator (from Thule). But that was a TT, might not work with the 5er depending on size of truck.kayak etc.
Old 08-30-2016, 02:45 PM   #10

Quote:
I get that the cook wants to be part of the conversation but to take care of that I usually sit at the kitchen table if necessary. But the fact is that the GD 376 floorplan doesn't have a wall between the kitchen and the living room The TV and people in the living room are within earshot of the kitchen (after all it is a 5th wheel camper not a 3000sf house)....

I also get the not liking stairs but at 57 I am a VERY long way from being concerned about that. If I get to the point where I need wheelchair accessible (lets hope that doesn't happen) then the toys are proably out anyway and more than likely so is the RV! At that point, just fly in and stay at a resort....

Again (and this is getting rather old to rehash again) my idea is to maximize the appeal of the GD 376 to as large a group of potential owners as possible. The more variety of toys the unit is capable of hauling the more people it will appeal to! That's not a difficult concept is it?

The GD 376 would be able to accommodate a jet ski (10'), kayaks (10'), small jon boats 10-12' (aluminum flat bottom boat for you Yankees) and several other toys if they simply added a HATCH on the wall between the current garage (9'6") and rear pass thru storage (it adds about 3' of length to the garage). That would give owners the OPTION to use an extended garage or the pass thru as they CHOOSE! Problem solved, everybody happy! What is not to like about that idea??????

Haven't seen the floor plan, but seems like you would have better luck adding the hatch yourself. Problem solved.
head gamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 02:56 PM   #11

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by head gamez View Post
Haven't seen the floor plan, but seems like you would have better luck adding the hatch yourself. Problem solved.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ And then you can quit complaining!
schrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 04:12 PM   #12

I love you too shorode
Old 08-30-2016, 04:22 PM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
We had a 10' garage. Long enough for two touring bikes. Kayaks- can you angle them from corner to corner?
Old 08-31-2016, 01:00 PM   #14

My 2 cents:
Love the concept. For me, could not get past the dark wood! The one we looked at also had very bad fit and finish, (some of which the dealer should have fixed before showing) and needed a lot more features that we could not get. We dropped the toy hauler idea. We do not have toys just liked the extra storage. We went with a Heartland Landmark Newport for full timing and ordered it with all the features/extras we wanted.
Cholo is offline   Reply With Quote