Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 03-22-2013, 05:24 PM   #1
norcold rv refrigerators

We have a model 1210 4 door Norcold refrigerator and I would like to know if any of you are experiencing the same problem we are having and if so how was it fixed and did the fix really fix it or are you still having the same problem. Our problem is that the refrig will not cool on AC power. It works on DC power great but before you can switch them you must disconnect all power from the coach for at least 5 to 10 minutes. The refrig will switch them fine but if the power is not diconnected then the refer will not cool on gas either.

Ginnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-22-2013, 09:13 PM   #2
Ok first the Norcold works on LP and uses 12 volt to work on Gas. First I would plug the refig. in with a cord thru the outside plug. Open outside cover to refig and unplug and use extenchion cord. The 110 volt plug behind the refig is a GFI plug and may be tripped. The refig uses two 110 volt plugs outside. 1 for refig and the other for ice maker. I sometimes while in storage I will plug the refig in directly with extenchion cord so I can shut the complete coach down . Now if the plug behind the refig is NOT a GFI there is another one somewere in your coach that needs reset.

GregOk80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 12:16 PM   #3
the refrigerator is getting electric the light is on and it runs but does not cool anything and now the gas part is doing the same thing. It is going into the shop on Monday but from all the things I have read online any fix they do won't last long. Apparently the cooling units are junk that they use in this model. We are 11 yr veterans at this full time thing and we are beginning to think we should have just kept our Cougar. We didn't have any issues with it but its one thing after another with this Montana.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:28 PM   #4
Even if the refer has a light on inside and the eyebrow controls have lights on doesn't mean it's getting 120Vac to power the electric element.

But, you might take a look at this, seems that that model was recalled: Norcold Recall

Even then people have been complaining that the recalls don't work either. I have a Dometic so I'm not really up to speed on the whole mess but I do know my next RV won't have a Norcold.
'02 Winnebago Journey DL, DSDP, 36' of fun.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : http://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 02:09 PM   #5
Mine would not cool on ac and was a simple fix - blown fuse on the circuit board.
rhks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 03:41 PM   #6
Done and Done it is not one on recall as it has to high of a serial number. but thank you anyway for your advice. Goes into shop on Monday. Just not a whole lot of faith after reading about all the problems they are having. But you know we could be different and it might be a simple fix.
Old 03-23-2013, 04:32 PM   #7
My Norcold worked for six months then stopped,changed the demister,worked for a week,stopped for three days then started and have been working now for two weeks. Norcold agreed to send a new cooling unit but since it's working now I'll leave well enough alone. I may buy another year of warrenty.

Tom3006 is offline   Reply With Quote