Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-18-2016, 09:34 PM   #43

GW bridge was $84 for our 5th &TV. NJ turnpike was $22 - 2 miles prior to the bridge....cash only, if you dont have ezpass... I told them to mail the bill to me in TX...lol

I liked the Ohio TP. Has the only 50 amp rest stops I've seen in the east.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-18-2016, 09:44 PM   #44
RVM1

As far as Ohio and Indiana goes, US30 runs from Akron to Gary. Good road, no tolls, and bit of America to see on the way.
Pennsylvania? I-80 beats the PA-TP by over 100 bucks at the cost of about 45 minutes.
Maps are downright nifty

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 08:32 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
As far as Ohio and Indiana goes, US30 runs from Akron to Gary. Good road, no tolls, and bit of America to see on the way.
Pennsylvania? I-80 beats the PA-TP by over 100 bucks at the cost of about 45 minutes.
Maps are downright nifty

Maps??? I tried one of those recently, but I couldn't figure out where to plug it in or put the batteries!
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 10:05 AM   #46
Dfb

GET RID OF THOSE DAMN TOLL ROADS. ON A DUALLY THEY CHARGE FOR AN EXTRA AXLE, THEY CHARGED FOR THE HEIGHT OF THE FIFTH WHEEL... THESE ARE CROOKS! Every state in the west is free from toll roads! One toll road in or near St. Louis is private. You pay a toll and the road is the best we've been on..
Old 10-26-2016, 04:43 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfb View Post
GET RID OF THOSE DAMN TOLL ROADS. ON A DUALLY THEY CHARGE FOR AN EXTRA AXLE, THEY CHARGED FOR THE HEIGHT OF THE FIFTH WHEEL... THESE ARE CROOKS! Every state in the west is free from toll roads! One toll road in or near St. Louis is private. You pay a toll and the road is the best we've been on..
Illinois, Ohio and Pennsylvania would be even more broke without the toll road money to siphon off to their pet projects. It'll never happen.
Old 10-27-2016, 04:39 PM   #48
Dfb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfvb1225 View Post
Illinois, Ohio and Pennsylvania would be even more broke without the toll road money to siphon off to their pet projects. It'll never happen.
Vote in folks who will get rid of them. They make more money on gasoline taxes than the oil companies. This goes for Feds, state, county and city tax.. they all make more than the oil company. They get money not only from gas taxes, but registration fees, taxes on car maint. And repairs. Fines and tickets... these tolls are like a big bully waiting for you to steal your lunch money. The roads are crap!. I feel like I'm living in a third world country with these busted, potholed, crumbling roads. To top it off, these roads we pay for damage our vehicles!. Then, the governments make more money on the taxes of parts and repairs for them intentionally stealing from the motorists of America! These politicians are much much worse than the mob! Smiling, nice teeth, suit wearing lying jerks who belong at the bottom of the sea wearing cement shoes! I really don't care about the states being more broke. I care ABOUT MY FAMILY. they waste so much money! What happened to that 880 billion Obama took for the roads? I really want to know!.....
Old 10-27-2016, 04:48 PM   #49

National RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by McRod View Post
GW bridge was $84 for our 5th &TV. NJ turnpike was $22 - 2 miles prior to the bridge....cash only, if you dont have ezpass... I told them to mail the bill to me in TX...lol

I liked the Ohio TP. Has the only 50 amp rest stops I've seen in the east.
On our trip back from Virginia last week - coming up RT 95, back to CT. It cost us $109.16 in tolls between Delaware, NJ and NY. We came through in the early morning, so I think the GWB toll was reduced. We paid about the same as you last time we came through during the day.

Our last toll in NJ was $37.05, while the GWB crossing was $29.50. We're a single rear axle Class A pulling a 2 axle (4 tire) car trailer.

Going through the last toll in NY State heading to Niagara Falls last Thursday night, we were a single rear axle Class A, pulling a 2 axle - 3 wheeled trailer through the toll

I wonder if I should ask for a discount, or if that might open a can of worms with EZ Pass saying I didn't have an EZPass for the rolling tire

See this post for an explanation Honey is that our wheel?
2Labs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 04:56 PM   #50
Dfb

They will NEVER, EVER,get another dime from us.. we just got back from DC and had only one ... TOLLS, NEW YORK, MAINE, NEW JERSEY ETC CAN SUCK EGGS,...never again...
Old 10-27-2016, 05:48 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfb View Post
They will NEVER, EVER,get another dime from us.. we just got back from DC and had only one ... TOLLS, NEW YORK, MAINE, NEW JERSEY ETC CAN SUCK EGGS,...never again...
We took I-90 East (toll) once across PA and NY on our way to New England areas with our 39' 5er and I swear we were all nauseated at the end (our pets too) because it was so rough and like a washboard. And we paid for it! Just a huge ripoff.
Old 10-27-2016, 08:31 PM   #52
Dfb

3years back they got us for 300 or so.... damn thieving bastards!
Old 10-27-2016, 09:55 PM   #53
RVM1

Ohio Turnpike cheats 5'ers

This thread has grandly explained why I avoid toll roads. They can't "get you" if you aint on them!
My GPS is set for No Toll Roads!
Saving money for fuel while losing only minutes is very satisfying.
And the alternative routes are MUCH prettier.
So, why do others suffer so?

Old 10-27-2016, 10:00 PM   #54

Quote:
This thread has grandly explained why I avoid toll roads. They can't "get you" if you aint on them!
My GPS is set for No Toll Roads!
Saving money for fuel while losing only minutes is very satisfying.
And the alternative routes are MUCH prettier.
So, why do others suffer so?
We're heading through most of PA on our way to Virginia in two weeks so we'll probably take the turnpike despite the tolls. Reason being the curvy, hilly, low clearance, skinny roads that make up Pennsylvania and part of West Virginia.
Old 10-27-2016, 10:31 PM   #55
RVM1

Ohio Turnpike cheats 5'ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfvb1225 View Post
We're heading through most of PA on our way to Virginia in two weeks so we'll probably take the turnpike despite the tolls. Reason being the curvy, hilly, low clearance, skinny roads that make up Pennsylvania and part of West Virginia.

Lived in PA for over 30 years! You will find the Western 1/3 of the PATP as a squirming, rough and sometimes scary path.
Pick up I80 out of Ohio across PA and angle down to I81. You'll save over $100 and totally waste 40 minites. Thank me later.

Old 10-27-2016, 10:48 PM   #56

Quote:
Lived in PA for 30 years! You will find the Western 1/3 of the PATP as a squirming, rough and sometimes scary path.
Pick up I80 out of Ohio across PA and angle down to I81. You'll save over $100 and totally waste 40 minites. Thank me later.
Thanks, I'm in Northeast Ohio not far from I-80 and have made this trip to Virginia many times also catching I-81 eventually. We take the turnpike to Breezewood then I-70 to I-81. I've also taken I-80 all the way to I-95 and would not go that way to get to I-81. That's over 200 miles longer.
I don't like the toll roads either but in this case it's the best option. Besides it'll be November and we're not traveling that close to the Great Lakes.

Tags
heat