Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-30-2013, 02:15 PM   #85

Thanks, Tim. No new unit yet. Just doing tentative design. It may be some time before we commission a build. You going to be in Fl this winter? I would love to see your coach....
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-30-2013, 04:23 PM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Mayer View Post
Thanks, Tim. No new unit yet. Just doing tentative design. It may be some time before we commission a build. You going to be in Fl this winter? I would love to see your coach....
Jack, not this winter. We just got back from Cali a few days ago.

We live about 90 mins away from Junction City, give me a holler if you are ever in the neighborhood.
12 Tires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 05:34 PM   #87

I've thrown in the towel on tankless!!

I know there is a lot going in this forum but I just wanted to mention as a follow-up to prior posts that I am through being at the mercy of one tech "somewhere" in the country who can work on my tankless system with any real expertise.

We pulled out our RV500 Tankless out of frustration since it has required way to much attention, money and downtime. We went for 3 weeks with hot water at 80 degrees...that's a cold shower!

We have spent a small fortune on this heater, it's maintenance and now it requires a very expensive repair since the gas valve in the unit plugged up and won't allow it to burn to full temp.

We had a new Suburban SW16 installed and I wish I had made this decision long ago and saved a LOT of hassle and money.

The SW16 is a huge hot water heater and gives both my wife and I really long showers. I can't imagine anyone not being thrilled with this unit.

Tankless was a good idea and it has merit but I have seen way too much during the troubleshooting of this unit such that I will not attempt this again.
kcaravelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 11:59 AM   #88
Dry

Damon Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
I am not one to care about cost, but for the record, I just refilled the LP after four months of saving the LP for shower only use. I still had 1/4 tank left.
so, at about $4 a month (and I take 30-60 min showers) is not too shabby!

Tags
water