Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-08-2012, 01:40 PM   #1

Open range

Year two of our Open Range, at first I must tell you I had my doubts about out new 42ft Fifth Wheel. The Open Range is a different kind of horse. The more we travel in it the more we have come to love it. I had many complaints when we picked it up and arrived home. I felt the workmanship could have been better, but like buying a car none of them work the same, and sometimes you get a lemon. I think with all Travel Homes, you with have some difficulty with them and will need fine tuning. I do know that with any sales, the customer support could be better, especially for newbies. This 5th wheel is lighter than many 5th wheels out their. It pulls like a dream and it could be hard to remember your towing it until you hit a rough place in the road. Their have been a lot of comments about keeping the rooms cool, many of the larger OR need to have two air conditioners units, one will not do the job. We have two. The heat pump takes some time getting use to.
And we have found that if you have the glass wash basin, do not put anything heavy like glass makeup bottles in your bathroom cabinet.
If it falls out you may have your wash basin explode in a million pieces,lol
Or you might want to put a cover over the bowl or a towel in the bottom of the bowl to keep your bowl from breaking.
We can't wait to get on the road again and go camping.
My only complaint is the price of diesel I though it was the CHEAP fuel.
Now it's up their with the Premium...it use to be the cheap gas and less to
cost to make...You can certainly tell it's just greedy Companies.
Cartist

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-08-2012, 03:31 PM   #2

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Glad you like your Open Range. Some friends of ours on this forum have had one now for two years and like it. I liked how the 80 lb propane supply is divided up between four 20 lb cylinders. Seems like getting refills would be much easier. The two 40 lb cylinders in ours get heavier every time I have to get them refilled.

Old 03-09-2012, 01:17 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half Dimes View Post
Glad you like your Open Range. Some friends of ours on this forum have had one now for two years and like it. I liked how the 80 lb propane supply is divided up between four 20 lb cylinders. Seems like getting refills would be much easier. The two 40 lb cylinders in ours get heavier every time I have to get them refilled.
At first we were not very happy due to end finish, a lot of things were scratched etc. They were fixed, but I think the biggest part was the not so neat work on the finishing touches. And when you buy it from the RV retailers, they should go threw everything with you; to help you understand the functions better such as the heat pump, and how things work especially for a somewhat newbie, and like I mention this is a horse of a different color, not at all like our Cardinal, which I loved. Yes the 20lb tanks are so much easier to handle.
Cartist
Old 03-09-2012, 02:43 PM   #4

I've been bragging up heat pumps since I figured out ours. Wouldn't have one without