Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 01-03-2010, 05:54 PM   #1
Open Range RV

Can someone tell me about the Open Range brand RV? I did not know they existed til today, I ran across them while looking for other 5th wheels. They look pretty good on the web. lol

Retired Navy (92)
2010 F350 Lariat CC DRW FX4
2011 Open Range R416RLS
Fredtp is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-03-2010, 08:00 PM   #2
I checked out their website. They do have some nice looking rigs. 1k lighter than my rig which is about same size. I DO HAVE ONE QUESTION. You have a new rig why looking at newer ones?

"I won't be wronged I won't be insulted I won't be layed a hand on. I don't do these things to other people. And I require the same from them." (John Bernard Books) John Wayne The Shootist his last Movie.
CorsairIIAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 09:29 PM   #3
Open Range

We have a new 2010 337 and we are pretty happy with it. It has all the good stuff and most of all it is light. 8400lbs. empty. Wanted to get a Montana but, the weight is to much and I just didn't want to pull the guts outta my Duramax. I think if you go look at them you will be surprised.
05'Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 09:59 PM   #4
We have some good friends who bought a 34xx and love it so far. No problems. Had the chinese tires replaced as part of the purchase. He loves the leveling system. Only concern I have seen mentioned is the cable system for the slides (compared to elec or hyd) but have not heard of failures. And his 3/4T D/A tows it very well.
'05 36TK3 Mobile Suites
'10 F450 new to me
'09 F450 Lariat 4x4--died
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 03:05 PM   #5
Open Range

It's our first and so much to learn. I suppose those cables will stretch and have to be adjusted somewhere along the line? All in all, it is just perfect for the two of us.
05'Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 04:23 AM   #6
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I wish our dealer around here could get some in so that I could actually look at one. They had one at the RV show but I wasn't able to actually examine it. They do lie about there weight though, they say you can pull the 393 5th wheel with a 1/2 ton truck. Well if you actually look closely at their weights you cannot. The hitch weight is 2250 DRY and 5th wheel weight is 10540 DRY but 14250 loaded. That's actually more than 1ton can carry according the the book. But I want one and can pull it anyway due to some mods I've made.
Retired Navy Submariner
2014 Itasca Sunstar 35F; 5 Star tuned; 2014 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
SuperGewl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 04:59 PM   #7
Open Range

We were looking to purchase a new 5er and the OR was one of the units that interested us. The OR isn't the only 5er with the cable system so I wouldn't get overly concerned about that. It does substantially reduce the weight factor. The decor was to entise the female interest and my wife liked it. I have read some place that the 4 20# propane might not meet certain standards reguarding the regulators but I can't recall the specifics. We did not purchase the OR due to layout issues and got a 2011 Big Country that actually had some of the interior amemities as the OR. Overall I did like the OR but the storage access was one of the main reasons I didn't go with it.
Cletus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 09:10 PM   #8
Forest River Owners Club
I have had my open Range 398Rss for about 6 weeks now and camped every weekend. I went from a Class a which had less room inside than the 5th wheel. I do love how it looks and so far everything has gone well. The slides are quiet, I would have liked better user information from Open Range on how things worked. The lighter weight, floor plan, decor etc are what sold me. Good luck in your search

Saundra is offline   Reply With Quote