Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-30-2013, 06:22 AM   #1

Opinion on Holiday Rambler Savoy

I am looking at a 2005 Holiday Rambler Savoy 29RKS. We have a 30' travel trailer and want to move up to a fifth wheel more suitable for a couple (our kids are older). A friend owns it and is offering it up for a decent price. It has no issues, good roof, tires, etc. everything works except one gray water valve is stuck in the open position which is not a big fix. I am not ready to retire and get the "trailer of our dreams"yet. This would fit the needs for a few more years. Anyone have an opinion of the make/model?
RetiredFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-05-2013, 01:17 AM   #2

I have that very same year/model and we are pleased with it. We bought it from a guy who had it from new. It had been stood for nearly two years, and had a 'soft spot' on the rear corner of the roof, which has since been repaired.
The layout suits us fine, the size is generous, and we find it more than comfortable. It is not our dream retirement trailer, but for now it is our more than adequate holiday vehicle.

Craig
simsy56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 01:33 AM   #3

That's good news. What do you pull it with?
Old 05-05-2013, 02:06 AM   #4

Presently with a Ram 1500, 5.7 Hemi. It tows OK, but i feel a bigger truck would do the job better. Living in the UK, there are far fewer trucks of that ilk, than over there. So, it's not an easy job to find the right one.
I had the truck before the trailer, and it had a hitch and air suspension already fitted. There is more than enough power, but having read some of the threads regarding tow vehicles, I feel a larger truck would be more suited.
It sits nice with the air sus, and it rides beautifully, no problems.

Craig
Old 05-05-2013, 06:14 AM   #5

That's good, I have a Ford F250 turbodiesel which it sound like it should do fine.
Old 05-06-2013, 02:02 PM   #6

I would think that a 250 is a good vehicle for the trailer.

Craig