Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-16-2010, 05:32 PM   #1

Opinions Needed

I'm in process of searching out a new 5th wheel. I've read some good things on this forum about Carriage. I'm wondering what people think about the Landmark's by Heartland? Right now i'm interested in The Cameo 36FWS, and the Landmark LM Augusta. The Landmarks are just a bit cheaper than the Cameo's. To me it seems that the Landmarks are few years ahead of staying up with decor. The Cameo's seem to have a simular look for the past few years.
Any thoughts on one vs. the other; Construction, long term problems, how well they function?

Thanks in Advance.

2007 Fleetwood Southwind 32V
Vinylrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-16-2010, 05:54 PM   #2
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
Take a look at a HitchHiker if you want a quality trailer from a reputable manufacturer. I've owned four of them. Obviously I'm biased, but check 'em out for yourself.
Old 04-16-2010, 10:54 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsapp View Post
I would look at any company besides Thor. they don't backup there sealers/service people. I think you could do better that anything with a Thor name on it.
You are obviously bias against THOR. I do not agree with you, I have owned 3 THOR 's and they have backed them up 100%. THOR owns alot of companies and if you had a problem with one of them then you should address it with them and or the actual dealer you bought your trailer from. It appears that you would be a dissatisfied customer no matter what you get.
Old 04-17-2010, 06:49 AM   #4

Although I don't have a Landmark, I have a Big Horn by Heartland which has caused me extensive problems during the past 30 months.
Based on what I've heard about Cameos I would say that these are a far better buy than a product from Heartland.

Eh!
geeksrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 06:56 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGewl View Post
It appears that you would be a dissatisfied customer no matter what you get.
Easy fellow... it sounds like you don't want others to express an opinion that differs from yours

Eh!
geeksrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 09:59 AM   #6

Hey Vinylracer,

If you're looking at 2010 Cameo's against 2010 or 2011 Augusta's, the Augusta's should be much more than the Cameo's. We looked at many and though Heartland was going to be the one until we saw the Carriage line. And again thought the Cameo was it until we took a second look at the Carri-lite. We're here now on our shakedown boondocking weekend in So. Cal. and are glad we got the Carri-lite.

We think you get much more for your money in the Carri-lite than the Landmark also..

Getting alot of "WOW's!!!" from our friends too!!!!!

Regards, Hamshog
Hamshog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 05:59 AM   #7

I owned a Carriage Cameo 34CK3 for 4 years and never had a problem. Heartland uses Lippert frames which I am not a fan of. I looked at a Big Horn several years ago and found the Carriage to be built better.
Don
Donr827 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heartland