Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 03-14-2016, 11:13 AM   #15
I would say 4K is probably what's it's worth with or with out the issues it has because of its age.. If you put in the time and money to fix it up you won't be making it worth any more just more appealing. If there's no water damage in the corners or rotted flooring it sounds like a nice project I've fixed a floor in a slide the sides were rotted about a foot in on both sides because of bad caulking on the trim that wasn't delt with. The wall was fine we ripped up carpet and cut the rotted wood out and replaced insulation quick fix then laid out sticky tile but the right way is to pull the slide out and repair it depending on your intensions. I wouldn't mess with anything with rotted flooring or soft corners A lot of hassle . The problem with slides is the fiberglass doesn't hang below the floor it stops right after the trim so when not maintained and it leaks it goes and soaks right into the floor.. If everyone maintained there rvs like your suppose to no used ones would of water damage. I know a guy will an 94 TT thing is clean as a whistle owned since new I bet him 50 bucks i could find a leak or water damage but I didn't never seen an rv that old that had no weird smells and the condition of the roof is unbelievable.

Rich,242014 wildwood 27RLSS travel trailer
2005 Chevy Silverado 2500HD crew cab
2005 GMC Sierra 3500 single cab dump
rbleau6885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-14-2016, 12:50 PM   #16
It seems that this one was not for me, as it has been sold. Thank you so much for the help everyone. Even if I will not get to put it to use for this case, I can look back on it for future cases while I search for another RV.

HighMilage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 03:25 PM   #17
Sorry you missed out, Maybe it's was not meant to be. However thanks for coming here ,we enjoy helping. Don't be a stranger, come on back and soak up the knowledge that floats around here.

clifford j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 03:40 PM   #18

Man that sucks. Sorry you missed the deal, but it may be good fate. When we were looking we found that the ones we liked sold fast. So we made sure not to hesitate when we found the next one we liked. The dealer still got 2 additional offers on my unit after my offer. Good luck

2014 Raptor 300MP, 2014 Cowboy Cadillac - Ram 3500 Crew Cab Long Bed Longhorn 6.7 Cummins Turbo Diesel DRW 4.10 Rear End, Firestone Airbags, Curt Q20.
raineman is online now   Reply With Quote

travel, travel supreme