Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-25-2012, 08:55 AM   #1

Outdoor speakers

Just bought a 04 Thor jazz fiver. Has outdoor speakers built in the side, but can't find the speaker leads to hook up to a power source. Any ideas

Thanks

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-25-2012, 10:32 AM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
YES: Leave them disconnected.

I have seen many Rigs with an outdoor radio, usually in a basement compartment. this worked with the outdoor speakers.

But my best advice is do not use them..

Old 02-25-2012, 12:20 PM   #3

Damon Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmeram View Post
Just bought a 04 Thor jazz fiver. Has outdoor speakers built in the side, but can't find the speaker leads to hook up to a power source. Any ideas

Thanks
If you remove the speakers are there leads already attached to the back, or, are there no leads at all?

And, I humbly disgree with leaving them un-used. You'll be surprised how much you will use them.
Old 02-25-2012, 12:48 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post

I have seen many Rigs with an outdoor radio, usually in a basement compartment. this worked with the outdoor speakers.

Agree...don't use them. Your neighbors will be very grateful.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 01:15 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Most of your neighbors may frown at you for using them.
Old 02-26-2012, 01:50 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BpK9Miami

If you remove the speakers are there leads already attached to the back, or, are there no leads at all?

And, I humbly disgree with leaving them un-used. You'll be surprised how much you will use them.
The leads go to a switch to turn them off or on. But is all I can find
Old 02-28-2012, 05:15 PM   #7

Send a message via ICQ to wandering1
Yes, dont hook them up. Surely you dont think your neighbors want to hear your noise pollution.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:10 PM   #8

iRV2 No Limits Club
If I can hear some else's music/noise or they can hear mine, it is too loud. We have a Sirius receiver inside our teardrop and all too often it is on at night to drown out our neighbors portable noise, but you can not hear ours.
Old 03-04-2012, 04:44 PM   #9

If your radio has a A and B switch on the front your outdoor speakers are probably on the B switch. My neighbors, especially the kids, are normally louder than my radio... (as much as I have tried the remote does not turn down their volume... of course their parents don't either) when we have them. A lot of people do not dry camp.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:41 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post

("Bold" mine)

Yep.

Happy Camping!
Turn Key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:09 AM   #11

jmeram, They are your speakers, use them, I am sure you will be considerate in your use if you are around other campers. Be sure you never use them when the camper next door has a yapping little mut out, you may have to turn them up to over power his barking, Also screaming kids and grand kids can be very loud, you would never want to be louder than they are. And last but not least, never ever use them around grumpy campers who never like being distrubed. They paid more for there site than you did, so they are entitled to quite time 24 hrs aday.

I hope you find your lead lines, and by the way add an amp if you want to. Just be considerate of others.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:40 AM   #12

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyEOD View Post
jmeram, They are your speakers, use them, I am sure you will be considerate in your use if you are around other campers. Be sure you never use them when the camper next door has a yapping little mut out, you may have to turn them up to over power his barking, Also screaming kids and grand kids can be very loud, you would never want to be louder than they are. And last but not least, never ever use them around grumpy campers who never like being distrubed. They paid more for there site than you did, so they are entitled to quite time 24 hrs aday.

I hope you find your lead lines, and by the way add an amp if you want to. Just be considerate of others.
I agree!! The idea of a camp ground needing to be as quite as a retirement home, or a graveyard is just foreign to me.

Dick
Old 03-08-2012, 08:35 AM   #13

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
If the music plays in the forest an no one is there---can it be heard?

Too many variables in "camping" arrangements for an overall nix on speakers. Just be sensitive to time, place and circumstance and of course volume. I mean loud talking can be a distraction in a pristine environment.

So while I prefer quiet and stay generally quiet myself;some times my friends and I party. Where I am right now it is no problem within reason. I respect anothers desire for a little back ground music in moderation at the right time and place----and again volume.
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 06:05 PM   #14

I like to listen to music when I'm at RV parks. Sorry I don't consider it the same as going into the backwoods and getting in tune with nature. I do respect the neighbors and will always check with them if my stereo is too loud or not. I've never had any complaints.

ridahog is offline   Reply With Quote