Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-05-2010, 06:08 PM   #1

Smile Owner's Forum for Dutchmen Grand Junction Fifth Wheel

I have had 2 Grand Junction 5ers in the last few years but noticed there isn't an owner's forum for Dutchmen RVs or the Grand Junction in particular. Got to be a lot of owners out there. Just wondering why not enough activity for the model. I have overall had a positive for the Grand Junction 5er. I understand they are going to add automatic leveling into their upcoming upgrades. I might just want to trade up again. Anyone with any yeas or nays for the "Grand Junction" Fifth Wheel Trailers out there?
glend is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-05-2010, 06:13 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
The Dutchman line is part of the Thor forum. Post any questions or items there.

ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 05:28 AM   #3

Glend, the reason for most posts is problems to solve. We bought our GJ 35TMS in April 05, the first production year for them. Except for a few water leaks at purchase, we never have a problem with our GJ. Every mfgr. introduces new features and improvements, we don't get caught up in that,just enjoy our 2nd this is because they are complicated machines, having a multitude of things that may fail or cause the owner grief. A 5er is a trailer. I would post my issue in that board_IF I ever have one. Excel appears to be an exception because it is a stand-alone company with no other product than 5ers.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 07:14 AM   #4

Thanks for the note. Likewise I have had a few water problems with mine but simply worked them out myself. I guess with all the moving parts it is hard to ensure a total no leak trailer coming out of the factory until it moves and shakes around some. I wish there was a unique GJ forum like some of the other brands. Again thanks, GlenO from MS.
glend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 07:25 AM   #5

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by glend View Post
I wish there was a unique GJ forum like some of the other brands. Again thanks, GlenO from MS.
There are any number of brands not represented in product-specific forums. Note that the largest privately-held RV manufacturer (Jayco) does not have an owner's forum, nor does my RV brand and many others. At least you can go into the Thor forum for product-specific discussions - others of us do not have that opportunity, so consider yourself lucky.

Rusty
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 07:46 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Yep Rusty, I know the pain...no Silver streak forum, but we did get a Vintage RV forum.

As for the leaks, I don't understand why so many manufacturers seem to have problems building an RV that does not leak. My 31 year old trailer does not leak...seems the manufactures have forgotten how to build a nonleaking RV.

ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
Old 07-10-2010, 09:21 PM   #7

Rusty,

Have you checked out these two sites? www.suitesownersforum.com

www.5thwheelownersforum.com

The first is Doubletree only, and the second has a very active DRV section.

Joe
'05 36TK3 Mobile Suites--retired but not forgotten
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 10:57 PM   #8
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
wingnut60,

Neither one of those links work. I believe you have to use www.suitesowners.com & then go to the forums. I couldn't locate a 5thwheelowners website. Will you double check that?

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 05:52 AM   #9
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
wingnut60,

I couldn't locate a 5thwheelowners website.

Lori-
Would this be it? 5thWheelForums.com
Old 07-11-2010, 06:09 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
glend, no need to trade in your 5th for new one just add LEVEL EASE yourself.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 08:29 AM   #11

Thor Owners Club
I, too, would like to see a Grand Junction discussion forum...however I absolutely understand why that's not a good idea. If it were opened up to GJ, why not every other model name in the industry ? The front index page would probably become 10 index pages.

Maybe a web-savvy Grand Junction owner could put an independent GJ forum together. Not me, thanks; that would not be pretty

Dick
Dick & Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 10:09 PM   #12

Send a message via Skype™ to Vitalady
reply to Grand Junction thoughts

I didn't find any discussion on the Thor forum at all.

You would buy another? Is ours just a freak of nature?

We've had nothing but trouble with ours, poor workmanship, and no support from Dutchmen.

Michelle and Don
Vitalady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 11:03 PM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
On this forum, all you need to do is start a new thread and title it 'Grand Junction' owners.

Ken
Old 07-17-2010, 07:23 AM   #14

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitalady View Post
I didn't find any discussion on the Thor forum at all.

You would buy another? Is ours just a freak of nature?

We've had nothing but trouble with ours, poor workmanship, and no support from Dutchmen.

Michelle and Don
Vitalady: Our first year consisted of the usual list of things to fix, but none were super serious. Dutchmen did prove to be difficult in getting responses, but luckily we had an insistent dealer service manager who knew which way to "turn their crank" to get results.

We are now in our fourth season with the GJ and enjoy it very much. Would we buy another GJ ?? Most likely no, as we'd be looking most likely at a HitchHiker or Excel.
Dick & Pat is offline   Reply With Quote