Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 06-15-2014, 12:23 PM   #1
Palomino Puma 253FBS

Looking to downsize as we enter our last RV Purchase. Looking at the Puma 5th Wheel 253FBS. Only seen pictures. as there is not one to look at in Florida. Has anyone seen one of these close up? One thing that worries me when looking at the pictures, is that it appears that the fresh water hookup is on the door side under the awning living space. Who would do this, does not make any sense. Most fittings will leak or drip at some point in time, especially when you disconnect. Everything on your porch could be soaked.
Hope someone has seen one of these, or at least know where the water hookup is located.

Grandpagator is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-15-2014, 07:30 PM   #2
If the fresh water FILL is on the door side, big deal. It's just a gravity fill. The city water connection is probably on the off door side.
You didn't mention if it's new or not.

jesilvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 12:56 AM   #3

Thanks for the reply. Yes, it is a new one, 2015. Factory rep does not return phone calls, and all we have to look at is pictures on the internet. Can't see where the water hook up is. The only thing we can see, is what looks to be some kind of water hook up by the door. Thanks again
Grandpagator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 05:44 AM   #4

This? Just in front of the door behind the furnace vent and the outside GFCI is a fresh water fill port. Not the city water connection.
jesilvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 10:45 AM   #5
My last two trailers have had the fresh water fill on the door side. I've had no issues with it there. I don't fill at dump stations so that's not an issue. I would be more concerned about the location of the black water flush hookup. I like it on the same side as the dump valves.

FWIW I have a 2nd 12v water pump that we use to add additional water to the trailer on long dry camping trips. It's much easier since my batteries are on the same side as the fresh water fill as I can plug my 12v pump on right near where the fill is.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 11:07 PM   #6
Thor Owners Club
Furnace and hot water tank is on the street side as well.....mine is on the curb side......Whats the size of the basement the door looks small. I would guess its an med entry level unit. Probably wont offend. I would get out and have a look at one up close. I looked at the website and there are only a few pics in the gallery.....I don't know it looks like they are on a budget. Keep your options open theres lots of other 5ers out there to look at....don't limit yourself. I like the exterior kitchen though.

Fred1609 is offline   Reply With Quote