Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-23-2014, 01:08 PM   #1

Petes RV Center-Feedback requested

I was looking at buying a used 2014 5th wheel on a Heartland Gateway 3200RS. I am worried about the price offered and now the contract they want me to sign. Seems kinda sketchy.

I have been receiving good prices from wholesalers or rv dealers close to the manufacturing plants. These prices are for new 2014 and 2015 trailers. I have found good reviews on Petes RV Center and their BBB is A+ with no complaints filed. Has anyone ever dealt with them? Feedback appreciated.

Also I am worried about receiving a transported trailer. How do you know nothing is wrong when trailer is received? What if there is something wrong? I am also newbie and would need someone to teach us how to use the trailer. How can all of this be done on transported trailer?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-23-2014, 01:41 PM   #2

Look for a Heartland owners forum, all the major brands have them. The Drv one is www.suitesowners.com, there is one for Excel, Jayco, Montana. They are not affiliated with the manufacturer and you can ask actual owners. I thought I saw a Nightline program that stated BBB is no longer reliable since business owners can pay a fee and get an A+ rating. If your gut is telling you something is sketchy, IT'S SKETCHY, keep looking

missourijan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 06:11 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by missourijan View Post
Look for a Heartland owners forum, all the major brands have them. The Drv one is www.suitesowners.com, there is one for Excel, Jayco, Montana. They are not affiliated with the manufacturer and you can ask actual owners. I thought I saw a Nightline program that stated BBB is no longer reliable since business owners can pay a fee and get an A+ rating. If your gut is telling you something is sketchy, IT'S SKETCHY, keep looking
I already said good-bye to the used Gateway from ExploreUSA.

I am now interested in New Gateway 3200RS from wholesalers. One is Pete"s RV and the other is RV Nation. I need a LIGHT unit. This model fits our tow criteria.
Old 06-24-2014, 10:57 AM   #4

I bought my current fiver from Pete's RV in Burlington, VT and have nothing but praise for them. They have made good on repairs before and after the warranty expired and worked with Keystone for replacement stairs that had broken a year after warranty expiration. The sales experience was a good one too. No high pressure, good trade-in and final price.
Excellent in my book!
SkiSmuggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 05:15 AM   #5

Petes rv

I just bought a new Montana from Petes and am very happy with the dealership. Our salesman was Chad. No pressure sales . We spent 6 hours looking at units and working with Chad. The dealership is very customer oriented. We had some extras installed. Pickup was to be in two weeks. Everything was done and ready when we arrived. A 2 hour walk through was also included. Everyone was friendly and knowledgeable. I would definitely buy from them again. They also said they will do warranty work on any rv's bought elsewhere. Really nice people.

Brian