Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 03-08-2005, 04:11 PM   #15
To Rick/IL. I have camped at the Camp Komfort. It used to be a KOA long time ago. A husband/wife team bought it(and live there) year round and are nice people. They have done alot of work to bring the facility up from the years of sitting idle. As prices go, I think that it cost me about $24.00 for a site with sewer and running the AC. They do have a fee structure depending on what you need. THe one odd thing was that the firebox must be placed on the asphalt within the site if you plan a fire. Restrooms are typicall of a smaller KOA but have been updated to an extent and were clean. The only downside is the interstate traffic noise, then again we had the site closest to the highway. A train track also borders the campground, so expect one in the middle of the night. The pool has also been redone, but we did not use it. If you go, I would take the road going back acroos the interstate away from Carlock. Take the first right and it is a short drive. You need to watch the county blacktop as it can be narrow with two vehicles.
I too have looked at the Pilgrim models, and if it wasn't for the fact our Layton 2500 is only 6-months old I probably would have bought one. Then again, they told me at the open house they would trade me for about $2000.00. Quality RV in Mclean is having an open house this coming weekend and I have heard they have a few Pilgrim models down there. Happy hunting.

Have truck: 2004 F350 4x4 Lariat Crew Cab 6.0 Diesel(updated motor), gauges, RHINO Liner, Husky Floor Liners, DPPI Turbo Back Dual exhaust, AirRaid intake
2009 Crossroads Cruiser CT31RL..loaded with options
gossamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-09-2005, 11:30 AM   #16
Pond Piggies Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gossamar:
Quality RV in Mclean is having an open house this coming weekend and I have heard they have a few Pilgrim models down there. Happy hunting. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Quality RV is where we saw the Pilgrim travel trailer that had two slide out rooms. I think on the web site, it shows that model as avbl soon, but Quailty does have one. That is a nice unit. Lots of storage, inside and out.

Thanks for the info on Camp Komfort.

R. "Grumpy" Bond
2004 Dodge Diesel, 2012 Jayco Eagle 330RLTS
VFW Life Member, NRA Endowment Member.
Grumpytrkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 08:17 AM   #17
I purchased a 2005 Pilgram 26 ft 5th wheel in May. A few bugs like the refrigerator needed a new heating unit and some loose screws here and there, but in general a very nice unit. There are a couple of design flaws, the door can't open all the way when the awning is extended but not unhooked from the trailer. And if the slideout is in, the door to the bathroom is hinged on the side which makes it impossible to get into if you wanted to get something out of the bathroom without extending out the slideout.
It is a very heavy trailer for a 26 ft, over 7400 lbs but so far I really like this over the Zepplin Travel trailer I traded in. By the way, anyone intersted in a Zepplin made by Keystone, be careful, I had nothing but trouble with this 2004 leaky bucket.
Rusty56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 12:25 AM   #18
Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club

Congrats on your new Fifht wheel. I have found and I think you will too, if you contact Pilgrim they might have solutions or fixes for some of your problems. They have a history of making correction and great customer service. Good luck with everything, and enjoy your new rig.

Lenny and Chrissy

2 Boys & My Pups
NYMoose "Lenny" is offline   Reply With Quote