Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-07-2017, 05:53 AM   #1

pinhole leak in water line

Water supply lines under stove were rubbing against a hard edge and developed pinhole leaks. I tried to wrap them with plumbers tape but it didn't hold. Real tight space, but i'd appreciate some of your ideas.

Thank you.
tk369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-07-2017, 05:58 AM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have not tried this stuff but Flex Seal, an 'as seen on TV' product, looks like it may work.
Old 09-07-2017, 06:04 AM   #3

Flex Seal

Just used a small amount of Flex Seal tape on a pipe under the kitchen sink until I can get to the store to replace one of the PVC pipes.
Worked great for a temporary fix!
nursecammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 06:25 AM   #4

Cut the pipe at the hole and get a push fit ( Sharkbite ) coupling. Found at hardware stores, big box home stores and Amazon. Simple fix.

Any cronic slight leak from quick fixs will destroy the floor underlayment.
Attached Images

twinboat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 08:45 AM   #5

What TwinBoat said. Also comes in plastic/pvc.
fvstringpicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 09:06 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboat View Post
Cut the pipe at the hole and get a push fit ( Sharkbite ) coupling. Found at hardware stores, big box home stores and Amazon. Simple fix.

I'm told these work great.

Rob
Old 09-07-2017, 10:18 AM   #7

Quote:

Another vote for Sharkbite fittings.... these things are awesome.
mtofell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 04:34 PM   #8

Sharkbite is the way to go. You can also buy PEX tubing with the sharkbite and replace entire sections quickly and easily. YouTube sharkbites if you've never used them and you'll see how amazing they are.

I've used in S&B and they work flawlessly. They sell special lines designed for your S&B water heater now that make replacing a big tank water heater a 10 minute job.
Gigattime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 03:08 PM   #9

Smile

Yup, works great! Best thing to come down the pike since tubless tires
sonnyy13n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 03:44 PM   #10

Yup work great.
They have a repair version that lets you slide onto one side then slide back onto the second. Helpful if limited flex in the line.
Have used them to repair copper at home.
Winemaker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 02:07 PM   #11

Quote:

Yup. What he said.
Old 09-27-2017, 07:12 AM   #12

I recommend get a couple of water leak detectors and place under the sinks and on the floor. In addition to leaks, I've seen cases (daddy was a plumber) where faucets would turn on due to fluctuations in water pressure. Can happen when the faucet is turned off just enough to stop the flow during low pressure. Water can bypass the seal when it returns to normal and further forces the valve open. Could ruin your morning to wake up with the water on and the gray water take running over. (if the dump valve was closed) If it can happen with American Standard and Moen fixtures I know it can happen with bottom of the line plastic RV fixtures.
The alarms can be had at home cheapo or lowes for $12 bucks and change.
fvstringpicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 07:26 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk369 View Post
Water supply lines under stove were rubbing against a hard edge and developed pinhole leaks. I tried to wrap them with plumbers tape but it didn't hold. Real tight space, but i'd appreciate some of your ideas.

Thank you.
Quote:

When done tape the pipes together to prevent bouncing - rubbing as you go down the road - Shark bite is the solution - turn off the water cut the hose at the leak -cut out 1/2" piece - take to Big Box pick up Shark Bite - repair .....

Best of Luck,
Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, water