Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-12-2012, 05:42 PM   #1

Places to rent 5th wheel

Hello there,
Are there any places around SFO bay area that rent 5th wheel or TT? Since there are so many brands, Iím a little confused on what to buy. I much rather rent before buying.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-12-2012, 07:44 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
If and thats a big if you can find someplace that rents 5'ers you will need a truck large enough to pull with and one that has a bed mounted fifth wheel hitch. Oh, and don't forget the truck will need to have a brake controller also.

Google is your friend or the old fashion way of letting your fingers do the walking in the yellow pages.

Old 03-12-2012, 07:57 PM   #3

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I'd be very surprised if any commercail outfit will rent a 5th wheel. As was said earlier, you need a heavy enough tow vehicle, hitch and wiring. Not something people wanting to rent will have or want to buy just to rent a 5th.
Haven't tried to rent a TT since 1957 and never a 5th or motorhome so I'm probably out of the "loop" though.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:12 PM   #4

Thanks guys, I have a Ford F350 dually and it's all set to go. I have a goose neck set up now but I can swap it out for a 5th wheel anytime....easy access for me.
Old 03-13-2012, 03:22 PM   #5

Where are you vjay? If you are in Ontario Canada, go to CanAm RV Centre in London Ontario. I do not think you can rent one but they will let you pull any one they have in stock, new or used to see how comfortable you are. Also I do not know of any dealer renting 5th wheel trailers. But I would suggest you go to a large dealer & look at all the units they have in their stock, new & used, and do a comparison that way. Only way I can think of doing what you want.

Reg
Old 03-14-2012, 01:52 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Owl View Post
Where are you vjay? If you are in Ontario Canada, go to CanAm RV Centre in London Ontario. I do not think you can rent one but they will let you pull any one they have in stock, new or used to see how comfortable you are. Also I do not know of any dealer renting 5th wheel trailers. But I would suggest you go to a large dealer & look at all the units they have in their stock, new & used, and do a comparison that way. Only way I can think of doing what you want.

Reg
Hello, I'm in SFO bay area.
Old 03-14-2012, 04:38 PM   #7

OK. I guess that leaves out going to London Ontario eh? So as I suggested before your only other option may be just visiting many dealers & seeing if they will let you tow some of their units on a test drive & just view as many floor plans as you can. No matter what you get you will always find something you missed. Best advice. Just keep looking.

Reg
Old 03-17-2012, 11:39 AM   #8

Send a message via ICQ to wandering1
Use google and find out.
Old 03-17-2012, 12:02 PM   #9
TW

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
In the Vancouver area you can rent the 5er outfit with truck etc from Traveland RV Super Centre.... It's just a short trip from SFO up I5
TW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 12:19 PM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
In San Jose:

Cruise America

Family RV

Arnone,s RV Rental

use www.yelp.com
Old 03-17-2012, 12:45 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TW View Post
In the Vancouver area you can rent the 5er outfit with truck etc from Traveland RV Super Centre.... It's just a short trip from SFO up I5
There is the rub. They will only rent the fiver as a package with the truck but that is likely due to liability concerns.