Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-30-2014, 11:02 AM   #1

Plumbing Fix

I have a 2007 Keystone Everest 295T. It has 2 dumps for the grey water. I would like to join the 2 so that all I have to do is dump once. Also it would double our grey water for the shower for when we boondock. We don't use the galley as much. Is there enough room under the belly pan to do this or do I need to make this an external job? thanks

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-30-2014, 12:20 PM   #2

If both tanks drain through the same outlet you could attach a 'twist on blade valve' to control the fluid level in both gray tanks.

Old 07-31-2014, 06:45 PM   #3

They both dump out of separate valves. I'll have to put a pipe between the 2 so they will come out of the same valve. Thanks anyway.
Old 07-31-2014, 09:54 PM   #4

I never thought of that. In my repair of my Teton I have a 3 inch pipe connection that allows for both dumps. But it would be inconvenient to dump 2x or from 2 pipes. And carrying the 3" pipe around isnt really a option. I wonder why they hadn't done a connection from the factory?
Old 08-03-2014, 11:54 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbrown View Post
I never thought of that. In my repair of my Teton I have a 3 inch pipe connection that allows for both dumps. But it would be inconvenient to dump 2x or from 2 pipes. And carrying the 3" pipe around isnt really a option. I wonder why they hadn't done a connection from the factory?
Probably because by the time they got enough fall on the line it would be too close to the ground.
DennisG9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 10:24 AM   #6

Cool

you would need to check the height of both grey tanks if one is taller it would continue to fill while overflowing the other one I have found that us alley they have a reason for the way they designed these things and if they could have saved money with one less valve and plumbing I'm sure they would have just my 2 cents
Old 08-10-2014, 10:53 AM   #7

Not sure how yours is plumbed. We have an 08 Everest, and it only has one exit for all waste water. It does have separate valves for the black tank, gray tank and the galley gray tank, but everything comes out at the same place.
In a full service campground, we normally leave the valve to the galley tank open because it seems to fill awfully fast. Sounds like your issue (or the way you camp) is just the opposite.
In our case, we could probably equalize the level in the two tanks by opening both valves with the drain cap installed, but that would leave waste water in the line that would spill when the cap was removed.
Old 08-16-2014, 10:44 PM   #8

Do they both empty into the same 3" main line? If so one easy fix is to cut the 3" drain line upstream the outlet and install a secondary "emergency" blade valve there. then with it shut and both gray water tanks open, they should backfeed each other. It goes without saying that you MUST have the black water valve closed.
Old 08-17-2014, 01:09 PM   #9

mbass makes a good point--without both grey tanks being at the same level (probably are) the lower one would backflow before the higher one could fill.
Have heard before of people wanting to do this, but also have not heard that anyone did it.
Joe
'09 F450--died, replaced with '10--retired
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 07:08 PM   #10

Well I finally dropped the belly pan and added a 3" pipe from the galley tank and ran it above the belly pan alongside the frame I beam, down to the dump valve for the grey and black tanks. It will fit up inside the belly pan. I had a water line bust inside the belly pan and had to repair it. I now have no water couplings up inside the belly pan.

Tags
plumbing